Can't See Clips

Hi,
I have looked around and noticed that many people seem to have had the same problem as me, however it was able to be fixed with an upgrade or by changing the file format of the video, however none of these worked for me.

I have used Mocha in the past and it worked fine. I then went through a long period of time during which, I had to send my Mac in for a repair and some programs came back having to be re-registered. I don’t know if this is the case with mocha or how to do it if it is. I got Mocha AE as part of the Adobe CS4 Master Collection, so I don’t have a disk I can use to reinstall as far as I know, Its on the CS4 disks, but I don’t see a way to reinstall just Mocha.

I start a new project and choose a clip to import. When I import it the loading bar does nothing and a black screen with yellow dashed lines around the edges comes up. It recognizes the length and the resolution of the clip, but does not display anything. Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks for your help,

Jesse

Hi,
I have looked around and noticed that many people seem to have had the same problem as me, however it was able to be fixed with an upgrade or by changing the file format of the video, however none of these worked for me.
I have used Mocha in the past and it worked fine. I then went through a long period of time during which, I had to send my Mac in for a repair and some programs came back having to be re-registered. I don’t know if this is the case with mocha or how to do it if it is. I got Mocha AE as part of the Adobe CS4 Master Collection, so I don’t have a disk I can use to reinstall as far as I know, Its on the CS4 disks, but I don’t see a way to reinstall just Mocha.
I start a new project and choose a clip to import. When I import it the loading bar does nothing and a black screen with yellow dashed lines around the edges comes up. It recognizes the length and the resolution of the clip, but does not display anything. Is there something I can do about this?
Thanks for your help,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,
The CS4 version currently has a few issues with the Snow Leopard version of quicktime. Until this is fixed in a system update you can convert your footage to an image sequence such as PNGs to avoid the issue.
Your other option is to pay for an upgrade to the version 2 of mocha for After Effects which works with the current version of Snow Leopard as well as having better motion-blur support, rotoscoping and the ability to export shape data if you own the mocha Shape plugin for After Effects.

Hi Jesse,

The CS4 version currently has a few issues with the Snow Leopard version of quicktime. Until this is fixed in a system update you can convert your footage to an image sequence such as PNGs to avoid the issue.

Your other option is to pay for an upgrade to the version 2 of mocha for After Effects which works with the current version of Snow Leopard as well as having better motion-blur support, rotoscoping and the ability to export shape data if you own the mocha Shape plugin for After Effects.