Carry on with fully covered track

Hi,
I need to track the face of a woman. After a couple of frames the face is fully covered by a car passing for 5 frames. After the car has passed, I’d like to carry on with the track. I can’t find any solution for this. When I make a keyframe just before the car passes and another keyframe after the car, the track jumps around when I continue to track after the car.
What is the right workflow for this?

The right workflow is to use manual track.
I would align the surface to the corners of her eyes and mouth, switch to manual track, go to after the jump, and align the surface (which will be made of dotted lines at this point) to the corner of her eyes and mouth (the shape will adjust with that alignment). Then switch back to auto tracking and continue to track as normal. You will need to follow those steps as they are listed in order.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Mary

The right workflow is to use manual track.

I would align the surface to the corners of her eyes and mouth, switch to manual track, go to after the jump, and align the surface (which will be made of dotted lines at this point) to the corner of her eyes and mouth (the shape will adjust with that alignment). Then switch back to auto tracking and continue to track as normal. You will need to follow those steps as they are listed in order.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi,

I need to track the face of a woman. After a couple of frames the face is fully covered by a car passing for 5 frames. After the car has passed, I’d like to carry on with the track. I can’t find any solution for this. When I make a keyframe just before the car passes and another keyframe after the car, the track jumps around when I continue to track after the car.

What is the right workflow for this?