Change Mocha AE Plate Folder & Single Frame Track Skip

Hi, total newb here. Loving Mocha and have two rookie questions that I cannot answer online:

1. How do you set/change the directory that pops up when you create clean plates? I don’t want to use the Mocha cache folder because I’ll be deleting that regularly, so I set a custom folder just for Clean Plates. However, every single time I create a clean plate, it defaults back to the Cache directory. Sometimes I’m making 20 clean plates per clip so this gets annoying.

2. The auto tracker is awesome, though I’m tracking footage with flash photography, and the single “flash” frame throws off the entire track and it doesn’t recover. Is there a way to force the tracker to skip a frame and continue on it’s merry way? This would interpolate the correct selection on the flash frame.

3. How do you expand all edges of a tracking shape selection at once to uniformly increase a feather radius?

Thanks so much.

1. How do you set/change the directory that pops up when you create clean plates?
At the moment you can’t, sorry about that. We’re looking to change it so that at the very least it remembers the last place you saved!

2. The auto tracker is awesome, though I’m tracking footage with flash photography, and the single “flash” frame throws off the entire track and it doesn’t recover. Is there a way to force the tracker to skip a frame and continue on it’s merry way? This would interpolate the correct selection on the flash frame.
This requires a bit of manual tracking. You can stop the track at any point, move a frame and then keep tracking. ocha will interpolate betwen the frames. If you need to do any tweaks you can either make amanual adjustment or use the AdjustTrack module to tweak it afterwards,

3. How do you expand all edges of a tracking shape selection at once to uniformly increase a feather radius?

The “Edge Width” panel will do this for you. It will adjust all outer edge points you have selected.

Thanks for the response, Martin.

Yes, a saved folder would be super helpful, as I’m often creating 10 clean plates per clip. This would cut my plate output workflow by 50%.

With regards to the tracker, I will always track the foreground (removal) area first, which I can see clearly how to manual track if the path errors. However, I’ve noticed that when I create the background selection, and set it to link to the foreground layer, it sometimes still goes off course. When a layer is linked, you can’t manually track it to the best of my knowledge. What do we do in these cases?

Thank you.