Clip frame offset not editable in Mocha Pro Plugin

Hi, I am using the Mocha Pro Plugin in After Effects. The option to set the clip frame offset is not available and greyed out. Is this a limitation of the plugin? The Mocha Pro timeline will always start at frame 0. Whereas my footage and precomps in AE come with proper timecode.

You should not need to touch the offset in the plugin, and usually we have that unavailable to prevent issues. Is there a reason you want to? Are you having performance issues or is it personal preference? I want to understand so I can point you in the right direction.

Thank you!
Mary

Hi Mary, thank you for stepping in. The reason I would like to use the identical timecode in Mocha Pro as in my AE timeline is that I need to align the surface tool to specific frames. Often these not on frame zero but somewhere in the middle instead.

My AE timelines need to keep their TC for onlining.

If you put the plugin on the footage clip does it come in at the right timecode? Is it only zero on precomps? If so, we need to look into this. I agree they should line up.

I just checked and it is zero on footage as well as precomps. The footage is DNxHR 444 on Windows 10. As a test I trimmed a layer by 4 frames at the beginning, and Mocha Pro showed a frame offset by 4. But not the actual timecode.