Close spline in Title studio?

Hi, is there a way to close a spline in Title studio or reconnect to it so i can extend & close it?
I didn’t realise i hadn’t clicked on the first node to finish/close it & now the border won’t go all around.
Some programs have a right click ‘Close Spline’, if there isn’t a way maybe i could ask for this as a feature request,
Thanks

Well the good news is that there’s a way to close an open shape in Title Studio. The bad news is that it’s a little clunky. Here’s how to do it :

(1) create an open spline shape and deselect it
(2) select the spline track in the timeline and select the pen tool from the toolbar - the spline should be active
(3) select the last point on the spline - the spline should be yellow and the selected point should be red
(4) option / alt + click near the last point to create a new spline point (adding to the shape)
(5) drag the newly added point on top of the first point in the shape and they will join and the shape will become closed
(6) to split a closed spline shape, with an active shape selected, select the scissor tool and then click on any point to open the shape - then select the pen tool and you can drag the points apart

So, while it’s a little clunky and non-intuitive, the tools are there. Ideally there would be an option to right click to close the spline shape or something more intuitive than dragging the last point over the first point. I’ll add a feature request to clean this up and make it easier to use.

Thanks,
Peter.

1 Like

Thanks, yep that works :+1:
It took me a couple of goes, i tried clicking on the last red point but that added a point but also dragged out the curve handles when i tried dragging it :woozy_face::rofl:
I re-read your comment ‘click - near - the last point to create a new spline point’ Doh!
that added a new point close to it connected to the last in the spline that i could then drag to the first point to close :+1:
Thankyou,