Color/gamma shifts in removed material

Hello. I’m diving in to the remove tool and things are going well. I’m doing compositing in Ae with multiple Mocha Pro projects doing multiple removes as well as track, paint, and mask in another.

Once I get all the rendered removes and mattes back in to Ae, the rendered material does not match the original footage in Ae. I’m using the rendered tiff sequences from Mocha, and the footage is Sony XAVC QHD, MXF files (camera native). Any suggestions? I suppose I could render a “plate” out of Mocha but that seems like it should be unnecessary? I have a lot of shots to do and that would eat up a lot of time.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the office and it seems this slipped through the cracks. Gamma shift happens when the colorspace is different in mocha and AE, you can check your color space settings in the clip tab. One of the reasons we really wanted to switch to an in-host solution with mocha Pro 5 as a plugin is to address this exact issue, and issues like it, that come from mismatched settings or conversion problems from linear to log.

Either adjust your colorspace, use mocha Pro 5, or manually shift the colors back into place. Those are the workarounds for this issue.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Mary