Color of video changes when exporting clip

After I do my tracking, removing, and rendering of a clip, I export out the clip via Quicktime back into After Effects. I notice my color shifts. The image tends to be darker or the color seems to be off. Nevertheless, the exported clip does not match the color of the clip that’s in After Effects. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be doing a different kind of export so I can keep the original color?

Sometimes quicktimes have baked in color information and that get lost in rendering. You can try punching in the original colorspace details in the clip tab, or you can try rendering TIFF or PNG sequences to bring into mocha that are more true to color.

Is there a fix for this in the works? Mocha is the only program I work with that does this with Quicktimes. Its really convenient to just right click a clip in AE and send it to Mocha, instead of having to render out tiff sequences for every shot.

We are working on a solution, but I do not have an ETA for the solution. The good news is that we are also working on mocha as a plugin, so that it works natively on your timeline and this might fix the issue as well.

You may want to try software that can edit the video without re-encoding or something alike.
An honest recommendation is joyoshare video trimmer mac. It is able to edit the video without damagining the quality or rendering the video, as long as you don’t convert the format.

Thanks! Is this software free to use? URL - I usually use movavi or imovie video editing software to edit video files without damaging the quality.