Complex shot with remove

Hi all,
I need to remove the boom mic that pops out center bottom area of this shot. Do you think the remove module is the best way to go? It seems a bit different from the examples I’ve seen, especially because I’ll need to rebuild the bottom of the stairwell.

I’ll be honest – I have scrubbed the clip forward and back and do not see the mic or pole… just his shadow on the couch as he walks by.

It’s kindof difficult because of the occlusions in the front. I’d either use the insert module to do this OR this honestly is something you could knock out in Silhouette Paint pretty quickly.

If you want to do it in Mocha Pro, use this technique: https://borisfx.com/videos/mocha-pro-patching-removing-obscured-objects-with-insert-module/

If you have any questions I am happy to help.

Cheers,
Mary

Thanks, Mary, I’ll take a look!

I couldn’t find it at first either! It’s the windscreen on the mic…a black oblong object just under the railing.

Hey,
Just around here, I saw your message and clip…
My 2 cts : though Remove is supposed to deal with… “removing” stuff, I often experienced projects where Insert provides the same good results with less pain I would say.
The plant occlusion is an issue here but looking carefully, the boom mainly (90%) remains between two leaves, allowing you to paint carefully in between, and insert it back imho
Good luck :wink:

Often an inserted patch is a better workflow for anything with occlusions, for sure.

1 Like