Continuum AVX Pan and Zoom bug

When I use “BCC Pan and zoom” on Avid Media Composer and I try to open the full resolution image,
BCC opens the Finder window so that I can select the file I want to work with.
The problem is there is no way to select any files because the mouse click doesn’t work and
The software gets stuck. If I use the keyboard, I’m able to select the file using the arrows, but there is no way to open the file.
Avid gets stuck and the only way out is force-quitting the software.
The same problem happens with other BCC plugins, when there is the need to select a file from the hard disk using the Finder.
I’m using Continuum 2019 on Avid Media Composer 2021.12 (I was using 2021.5 but then all of a sudden the bug appeared, so I upgraded to 2021.12 but the bug is still there).

Can someone help?

Thanks

Hi Andrea,

It could be a mouse driver conflict and most likely not something that the Continuum filters would have any control over. Although this sounds really basic, if you haven’t already done so restart your system to see if that helps. Also check the mouse control drivers to ensure that they’re up to date. Are you on a dual monitor system? If so, then perhaps disconnect one of the monitors to see if this allows you to regain control over the cursor. If the problem is still apparent then I would suggest filing a support ticket to see if one of our support techs can offer any advice. If that doesn’t work then it’s on to Avid support to see if they can help.

Thanks,
Peter.

It’s not a mouse problem. As I wrote in my post, the problem persist when I use the keyboard.

Hi Andrea,

We’re trying to reproduce the issue that you describe on our QA systems and we’ll respond with an update to this post with our results later today. I tried to repro on my Mac but it’s working fine for me. Do recall if anything has changed on your system that might be linked to this behavior or if this issue has been present from the start of this config?

What version of Mac OS is this system set up with?

Thanks,
Peter.

Hi Andrea,

We’ve tried without success to reproduce the issue that you’re seeing. One suggestion from our QA techs was to create a new test project and test user to see if the issue persists. Could you try that please and report back?

Thanks,
Peter.

My OS is 10.15.7 on a MAC.
I’ve looked at the Continuum log: everything was working fine on Media Composer 2019. The problem appeared when I upgraded to MC 2021.5.
I didn’t realised that earlier because I never edited any project in need of Ken Burn effects.
I upgraded to MC 2021.9 and then to MC 2021.12 to see if it did solve the problem, but it didn’t.
Then, I tried to uninstall BCC 2019 and I installed the trial version of BCC 2022 and the problem was solved.
So I bought the upgrade to BCC 2022 (even if I didn’t really need it), and I was able to complete my project, for which I had an imminent deadline.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for taking time to let us know that upgrading the Continuum plugins solved the issues that you encountered with the system after upgrading the Avid MC host software. I’ll let our QA staff know.

Thanks,
Peter.