Continuum no longer working on FCP

I have a licensed continuum unit (Blur/Sharpen) that I’ve been working with for about a year now that has unexpectedly quit working. The reason why I noticed is because I went to try out a lite version of another continuum unit (Match Move), and it was not working at all. The problem stems from attempting to apply the effects to clips in my timeline. The effect will show up in the clips inspector (normally where a drop down window for that effect would show all of its individual controls). However, the effect no longer applies visually to the clip, and the effect in the clip inspector no longer has a drop down menu for its controls. It only allows me to hide/show the menu (that no longer exists), or toggle the effect on or off (which still doesn’t do anything either, because it isn’t being applied). I haven’t made any upgrades to my FCP since July (currently at 10.3.4), and the last time I had used this plug in (Blur/Sharpen) was just in September. The other issue is, this is completely independent from an annual subscription, since I bought a license, other wise i’d be seeing the watermark on top of the clip itself (which is not the case). Otherwise i’d assume I needed to buy another annual subscription. Since discovering this problem, I have tried uninstalling it, clearing it out of the user folder on the Mac HD disk, and reinstalling the plug in’s one at a time, and still nothing has worked. I had purchased this plug in November of last year, and I have been using it in FCP on the same iMac (Late 2015 model) ever since. I wanted to test and see if this is a result of my own doing, or there are other people that could also be effected. So I had tested a trial version of Continuum on my fathers computer, on FCP, and I got the same results. The only difference in model is that he is running a Mid Year 2015 iMac. Below are the specs of my mac

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor: 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

Hi There! Sorry to learn of the troubles that you’re having with the BCC Unit that you purchased for FCP. The product is not subscription based and should continue to run but the system may have become confused when you installed the trial of other Continuum product on the same machine. Regardless of the source of the problem, we can help you with that but this is something that is best handled directly by one of the members of our support team. Can you please contact them directly by email - you can reach them at support@borisfx.com. You might just want to copy / paste all of the info that you posted here and send that to them and I’m sure they’ll be able to get your plug-ins back in order in no time. Cheers, Peter.

1 Like
 Thanks Peter, i'll give it another shot with the support email, but i'm actually posting in the form here because support never got back to me, and they weren't able to help me when I called in either, so I still haven't been able to get a proper response back across the board. I've also been waiting for a response back on my student credentials I sent in for Student pricing, and it has been about a week now and I still haven't had a response back to that either. I understand you guys are a bit busy as of late, but i'm wandering about how long I should be waiting for a response back about either of these two issues. I've really been enjoying the one Continuum Unit that I have so far, and I'd like to start using more soon. Thank you for responding here though.

Thanks for giving our support group another chance - they’re a hard working group, highly technical and should be equipped to solve any issue with regard to use of our products. Here’s a link to our academic pricing : Boris FX | Academic Pricing

1 Like

Right, I hear you. And you guys make some really powerful tools. Though i’ve already sent in the information to Sales regarding my student credentials, but I guess i’ll try sending another email again to them too.

Sounds good … and you might also want to reach out directly to neal@borisfx.com who is on the sales team and should be able to help you with that. Sometimes mail from certain servers can land in the spam bin and our reps might not see it. Just something to keep in mind. When email fails to elicit a response for me, I typically call in direct via the phone. And if you don’t have any luck via any of these options please feel free to let me know on this forum.

1 Like

Gotcha, thank you very much.