Control start of Infinite Zoom

Hey everyone,

maybe someone in here might be able to help me out:

I am trying to find a way to control the beginning of an infinite zoom I set up using the plug-in – working in After Effects.

Since this is for a job and I can’t disclose any more information, I unfortunately cannot provide any screenshots, so I will try and explain it as best as possible:

Currently I am zooming infinitely on a Pre-Comp with transparent background. There’s an image of two people in there and all the parameters of the plug-in are set in a way that works perfectly. Shrink per Level, Zoom center, Shift x and y etc., they all check out. And neither me nor the client are going to want to change that.

I keyframed the zoom parameter over 4 seconds from a value of 4.8 to 8.1. Very specific numbers – I know – but this way works for my purpose and I can set it up as a seamless loop in the end.

My Problem now is that I basically want to ease into the infinite zoom, so that in the first frames of the animation you only see the “front” of the infinitely zoomed Pre-Comp until it completely fills up the frame. And from that moment onward it should go seamlessly into the full infinite zoom. Basically as if the Pre-Comp only creates a trail behind itself. But since the plug in only seems to create a constant array of copies of the zoomed Pre Comp, I have a few copies of it visible in the first few frames.

I feel like this might be hard to understand without any visuals, but hopefully somebody can help me out here.

/// EDIT:
I attached a quick mockup of the situation. The red and green rectangle are stacked on top of each other in the aforementioned Pre-Comp and the arrow indicates the direction of the infinite zoom. Everything is moving from the zoom center (by the tip of the arrow) outward to the left of the screen. The red rectangle with the blue frame is basically what i want to be the starting frame. And the large red and green rectangles on the lefthand side are what I want to get rid of at the start of the zoom. Until the starting frame rectangle has reached that position. After that the infinite zoom can just play through as it is set up. I hope this makes this a little clearer :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Felix

Hi, Felix

I suggest you open a support case so our techs can have a look and offer advice: