Copy and Paste in AE CC2015

I’ve tried to copy and paste or export shape data, and nothing comes across in AE CC2015 in the effects panel.

Something happens, but I have no idea where the keyframes go?

I am using the bundled Mocha with AE.

Windows 7 64, AE CC2015

Your keyframes are probably pasting off the timeline if your input clip is longer than your comp in AE. Toggle the keyframes down on your layer and slide the layer in your timeline until you see your keyframes, and then paste them where they are supposed to begin.

That should fix your issue. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Lauren,

This could also be related to a bug recently discovered in the latest update to After Effects CC (2015.0.1). Adobe is currently investigating the pasting issue, but at present the workaround is to use “Paste mocha mask” in the AE edit menu rather than pasting the effect.

When you paste the shape data the effect isn’t activated on the layer. You can’t trigger the mocha shape effect either.

But:

“Paste Mocha Mask” only pastes the first keyframe. The mask doesn’t animate. This is a real problem and needs to be addressed asap.

Thanks

Bill Clark

Origami Films.

The paste mocha mask effect is incorrect in the most recent version of AE, we are working on a solution with Adobe and hope it will be fixed soon.

I have the same problem :frowning:

If you still have AE CC2014, you could paste there and save. Reopen in CC2015 and the Mocha Shape effects are there. The only workaround I know so far. :wink:

You can still install legacy versions of adobe AE 2014 too, just go to the legacy section of your adobe updater. This is the workaround I am currently using myself. We apologize for the inconvenience, but until we find a solution with their dev team, we are unable to correct this on our own.

Hello,

Any news on the Mocha Shape plug-in working for After Effects CC2015? Just been going round in circles utill I saw this post. I wasn’t able to use the paste mask feature as I’m bezier warping the content and then using the shape to cut out the area for a lens reflection replacement. This workflow works a treat in CC2014, so I’m going down that route.

Not yet, sorry, we are waiting on Adobe to roll out a fix.

We have fixed a bug relating to pasting from mocha in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update:
http://adobe.ly/1MVxHgX
Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you, Todd! You are the best. :slight_smile: