Corner pins distort on Fit to Comp

Hello,
Here’s the issue.
I have a solid track in Mocha and I bring it into After effects, but the pins become distorted.
The specific workflow issue is that I have a precomp video screen. This screen needs to go into a 1280 X 720 video.
When I use FIT to Comp and apply the corner pin, the corner pinning is distorted and scaled up along with the rest of the Fit to Comp image. Moves in sync with the background, but it’s huge and half of the image is cut off but the frame edge so resizing doesn’t fix it.
If I leave the PreComp at it’s smaller 720X480 size and apply the Corner pin effect, the pins show dead on where they are supposed to be. The problem is that the image is at the edge of the 720X480 screen area and is again cut off. I also have to move the upper left corner of the precomp to the upper left of the main comp so the corner pins align up.
So, how do I apply the corner pin to the footage in a way that will not scale up the cornerpin data, or cut off the image?
Things I have paid attention to/tried from the FAQ:

1. My aspect is 1 on both comps and Mocha.
  2. Frame rate everywhere is a constant 24.
  3. Copying from Frame 1 and Pasting onto Frame 1 every time.
  4. No interlacing set and the footage is not interlaced.
  5. The corner pinning seems to only align with the monitor when the dimensions are not the same. When they are the same the corner pinning is distorted.
    It seems like the corner pinning from Mocha only works on a precomp that is not the main comps size?

Okay, so I figured it out.
My work around is to drag and drop the monitor videos into the main comp.
Then adjust the anchor point to be the same as the position information so the images are on the top left.
Then precompose the image so no matter where I move the image on screen it will still appear.
Then apply the corner pinning.

I don’t remember doing all this for my other shots, but it seems that the rules change shot to shot.

Hello,

Here’s the issue.
I have a solid track in Mocha and I bring it into After effects, but the pins become distorted.

The specific workflow issue is that I have a precomp video screen. This screen needs to go into a 1280 X 720 video.
When I use FIT to Comp and apply the corner pin, the corner pinning is distorted and scaled up along with the rest of the Fit to Comp image. Moves in sync with the background, but it’s huge and half of the image is cut off but the frame edge so resizing doesn’t fix it.
If I leave the PreComp at it’s smaller 720X480 size and apply the Corner pin effect, the pins show dead on where they are supposed to be. The problem is that the image is at the edge of the 720X480 screen area and is again cut off. I also have to move the upper left corner of the precomp to the upper left of the main comp so the corner pins align up.

So, how do I apply the corner pin to the footage in a way that will not scale up the cornerpin data, or cut off the image?

Things I have paid attention to/tried from the FAQ:

1. My aspect is 1 on both comps and Mocha.
  2. Frame rate everywhere is a constant 24.
  3. Copying from Frame 1 and Pasting onto Frame 1 every time.
  4. No interlacing set and the footage is not interlaced.
  5. The corner pinning seems to only align with the monitor when the dimensions are not the same. When they are the same the corner pinning is distorted.

It seems like the corner pinning from Mocha only works on a precomp that is not the main comps size?

Okay, so I figured it out.
My work around is to drag and drop the monitor videos into the main comp.
Then adjust the anchor point to be the same as the position information so the images are on the top left.
Then precompose the image so no matter where I move the image on screen it will still appear.
Then apply the corner pinning.
I don’t remember doing all this for my other shots, but it seems that the rules change shot to shot.