"Could not remove layer"

New to Mocha. I have done a few “remove” functions, worked well… But now on my 3rd area on the clip and setup a tracking layer a background layer and a remove layer, just like the others. When I click render it gives me this failure, “Could not remove layer”. It doesn’t give any reasons to help troubleshoot why? Any opinions?

My guess without seeing the project would be that the BG layer is not tracked or is not large enough to cover the area being removed. Can you share a screen shot or send me the mocha log?
Cheers,
Mary

My guess without seeing the project would be that the BG layer is not tracked or is not large enough to cover the area being removed. Can you share a screen shot or send me the mocha log?

Cheers,
Mary

I had the same problem and solved it resetting the in and out frame of the layer to match the original. Apparently when using the remove module one should not trim layers?

New to Mocha. I have done a few “remove” functions, worked well… But now on my 3rd area on the clip and setup a tracking layer a background layer and a remove layer, just like the others. When I click render it gives me this failure, “Could not remove layer”. It doesn’t give any reasons to help troubleshoot why? Any opinions?

Sorry for reviving this topic, but this is the correct solution: DO NOT TRIM layers that are to be removed.