Crazy Mocha Pro GUI error, launching from AE

Anyone else getting this crazy Mocha Pro error. If I reboot AE it goes away.

iMacPro
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB
macOS 10.14.6
After Effects 16.1.2

Waht is your screen/monitor resolution and setup?

iMacPro as main monitor set to 5120x2880 and a second monitor set to 2560x1440. This takes place on the iMacPro/Main monitor. I can’t say for certain, but it might happen when Premiere and After Effects are both open.

I suspect it might be because your monitors are different resolutions, so it might be adjusting to the right size. Mocha has high-resolution interface support, so it’s possible it’s getting confused between the lower res monitor and the high resolution one.

Ok, anything I can do to prevent it from happening aside from unplugging my second monitor?

I don’t have Mocha Pro, only Mocha AE, but I have the same problem. It happens when I click the tracking forward button.

Running MacBook Pro, but also a Radeon (Pro Vega 20 4 GB)
Also macOS 10.14.6 and AE 16.1.2.

It happend when connected to a second monitor, but also when not connected. Although it looks like it took longer for it to happen without connected to a second monitor. It also didn’t matter if I have Premiere Pro running or not.

I don’t have a solution, but I hope someone else does or can point me in the right direction to fix this.

I’m having the same problem with Mocha AE, unable to use it.

iMac Pro
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
Mojave 10.14.5
AE 17.0.1

So I went into Mocha preferences and selected my Radeon card instead of ‘Automatic’. Seems to have fixed the problem.

1 Like