Creating a clean moving BG plate

HI…
Quick question…this is a product removal…the shot is the product sitting on a desk at the foreground and people walking across at the background… my question is it possible to create a clean background plate when the footage has people walking across and behind the product i am about to remove… the tricky part is when a person is behind the product( which he is walking across from right to left) i don’t have any information on the previous frame…
Attached below is a still frame of an example of somewhat similar shot I’m going to tackle
Attachment 335 (http://forum.imagineersystems.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335)
thanks
Noel

Hi Noel,
If the area behind your object you need to remove is animated, like when people move behind it or when it’s over a fractal animation like the surface of water, it is unlikely that mocha will give you good results.
Mocha’s remove tool is meant to replace pixels based on planar data and the movement of that plane over time. Therefor, if you have objects animating over that plane between the Background plane and the object you are trying to remove, you will not get good results.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Noel,

If the area behind your object you need to remove is animated, like when people move behind it or when it’s over a fractal animation like the surface of water, it is unlikely that mocha will give you good results.

Mocha’s remove tool is meant to replace pixels based on planar data and the movement of that plane over time. Therefor, if you have objects animating over that plane between the Background plane and the object you are trying to remove, you will not get good results.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mary

HI…

Quick question…this is a product removal…the shot is the product sitting on a desk at the foreground and people walking across at the background… my question is it possible to create a clean background plate when the footage has people walking across and behind the product i am about to remove… the tricky part is when a person is behind the product( which he is walking across from right to left) i don’t have any information on the previous frame…

Attached below is a still frame of an example of somewhat similar shot I’m going to tackle
Attachment 335 (http://forum.imagineersystems.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335)

thanks

Noel