Credit scroll jitters

I’ve got a very basic credit scroll based on one of the samples with a linear change in Y so the text scrolls from off-screen at the bottom on up.

But at several points in the scroll the text jumps several pixels in both preview (when previewing both time and frame accurate) in Title Studio and in the final video when rendered out from Vegas Pro 17

Any suggestions on how I can get a smooth scroll?

@michaelh Hi Michael, Could you please send me the Title Studio project - I’d like to reproduce this jumpiness / skipping in the credit roll on my system to see if I can understand what the cause of this is and hopefully provide a solution.

Thanks,
Peter.

Thanks @PeterMcAuley, here’s the project
Credits 02.zip (1.1 KB)

Got it … thanks @michaelh

In your Title Studio Project Settings, there is an option for 1:2:1 deflickering … do you have that enabled on your system?

@PeterMcAuley I do. In both the .blu and the VP fx

@PeterMcAuley Thinking that a video comparing the two settings would be helpful… https://dragonseye.com/TitleStudioFlicker.zip

The version without deflicker is subjectively worse but I still see jitters with deflicker enabled. The first image in the video also has BCC Edge Lighting applied while the second is just a simple VP checkerboard.

system specs:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Driver Version Studio 456.38
Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Video Memory 6G GDDR5

@Michael Harrison Cool … thanks for checking that. I’ll ask QA to dig into this.

Hello, I’m defintely able to reproduce the issue. I’ve begun regressing it, and entered the issue into our bug database. I had a bit of luck reducing the jitter by enabling “Maintain Speed” and selecting Cache Rendered Frames in the edit menu.

Best,
Vin

Thanks @vincentm_e8c60
Where is the “maintain speed” option? I haven’t been able to locate it.

If you select the title container track, it appears in the animation controls tab, right below where you select Credit Roll.