Cross platform question

Hi, I have a question concerning licensing cross platform installations:
I work in two offices at the university and switch places during the week. At one place I have a windows machine, at the other a Mac. Both machines have CS4 with the bundled Mocha for AE V1. Now I want to update to V2 (and buy Shape for AE along with it). Do I have to buy separate licenses for each machine?

Kind Regards,
Andreas

Is it possible to unlock and re-lock a license when an old computer is replaced by a newer one?

I think the dongle has two problems for us: 1) it costs an extra 300,- per computer, and 2) it would have to be delivered to Germany. Customs charge exorbitant fees in such a case ( 25% of (price of software + price of dongles + price of delivery) gets charged extra.

If the license could be transfered when computers are replaced, than the single versions would be our best option.

—Quote (Originally by ross_shain)—
Hi Andreas,
A cross platform license is meant to work over a network, meaning each cpu that wants to run the software must be able to PING the IP address of the system that serves the license.

Depending on your situation, I would recomend either purchasing seperate node-locked licenses or even a dongle which allows you to travel anywhere with your sfw.
R
—End Quote—

Is the license server included when a 5-user floating option is purchased? Or do we have to get it separately?

Kind regards,

Andreas

… and bought ; )

Regards, Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Just a quick point on the dongle, the cost is inclusive of postage and it’s shipped from the UK so there will be no import duties to pay in Germany.

Best regards,

J-P

Hi Andreas,
A cross platform license is meant to work over a network, meaning each cpu that wants to run the software must be able to PING the IP address of the system that serves the license.

Depending on your situation, I would recomend either purchasing seperate node-locked licenses or even a dongle which allows you to travel anywhere with your sfw.

We are working on a new license system to check in/out your license online and allow users to move license more easily. This will probably not be releases until this winter.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
R

—Quote (Originally by Andiana)—
Hi, I have a question concerning licensing cross platform installations:
I work in two offices at the university and switch places during the week. At one place I have a windows machine, at the other a Mac. Both machines have CS4 with the bundled Mocha for AE V1. Now I want to update to V2 (and buy Shape for AE along with it). Do I have to buy separate licenses for each machine?

Kind Regards,
Andreas
—End Quote—

Yes, when hw is replaced, customer can email support@imagineersystems.com and request a license transfer due to new hw. As long as this is limited to 1-2 times a year, no problem.

Best,
R

Is it possible to unlock and re-lock a license when an old computer is replaced by a newer one?

I think the dongle has two problems for us: 1) it costs an extra 300,- per computer, and 2) it would have to be delivered to Germany. Customs charge exorbitant fees in such a case ( 25% of (price of software + price of dongles + price of delivery) gets charged extra.

If the license could be transfered when computers are replaced, than the single versions would be our best option.
—End Quote—

Yes - included. :wink:

Is the license server included when a 5-user floating option is purchased? Or do we have to get it separately?

Kind regards,

Andreas
—End Quote—