Deleting clean plates

How do I delete a clean plate from the Remove module. In the edit window there doesn’t seem to be a way to delete a frame if you’ve added a number of them.
Cheers
AK

1 Like

How do I delete a clean plate from the Remove module. In the edit window there doesn’t seem to be a way to delete a frame if you’ve added a number of them.

Cheers

AK

I’d also say that my experience thus far using Mocha Pro (Version 3.1.0 build 5680)
On OSX 10.6.8 (I think we can agree Mountain Lion is pretty dismal) hasn’t been good
as far as cache and managing clean plates. Say for instance I start a project, save it, and then do a removal. Great. However, if I choose to delete those layers and start fresh with a new track or x-spline to isolate the area for removal, I can’t get Mocha to actually do the removal. It will run through the motions and do a removal and render frames to the results folder, but it doesn’t seem to see the new cleanplate - if I create one the same name or a new name, no matter how much I edit or delete it in the clean plates dialogue the removal module fails to render any removal.

AK

I’d also say that my experience thus far using Mocha Pro (Version 3.1.0 build 5680)
On OSX 10.6.8 (I think we can agree Mountain Lion is pretty dismal) hasn’t been good
as far as cache and managing clean plates. Say for instance I start a project, save it, and then do a removal. Great. However, if I choose to delete those layers and start fresh with a new track or x-spline to isolate the area for removal, I can’t get Mocha to actually do the removal. It will run through the motions and do a removal and render frames to the results folder, but it doesn’t seem to see the new cleanplate - if I create one the same name or a new name, no matter how much I edit or delete it in the clean plates dialogue the removal module fails to render any removal.
AK

OK, my bad, but a little misleading. Even if you check on “Use Clean Plates Exclusively” The Removal Module won’t render the isolated area for removal unless its within the area you tracked to drive the motion. So I guess you could do you track, and then adjust points after the fact to cover the area you’ll isolate to remove a blemish.

OK, my bad, but a little misleading. Even if you check on “Use Clean Plates Exclusively” The Removal Module won’t render the isolated area for removal unless its within the area you tracked to drive the motion. So I guess you could do you track, and then adjust points after the fact to cover the area you’ll isolate to remove a blemish.

Thumbs up for this one. Since I was not able to remove or replace the cleanplates, I had to delete the whole list and add the plates again.

Thumbs up for this one. Since I was not able to remove or replace the cleanplates, I had to delete the whole list and add the plates again.

Hi Aaron,
It appears there is a bug that is not allowing deletion of the frame from the path field. I will log this.
If you select the frame number field instead you can delete the frame using the delete key.

1 Like

Hi Aaron,

It appears there is a bug that is not allowing deletion of the frame from the path field. I will log this.

If you select the frame number field instead you can delete the frame using the delete key.

Hi Aaron,
The background shape and the foreground areas are the only places that will be used to remove, correct.

Hi Aaron,

The background shape and the foreground areas are the only places that will be used to remove, correct.

I know this is super old. But Ive found out that the delete key on the Mac does not delete the Clean Plate from the Remove Edit menu. But the del key does.

Any update to this problem? I accidentally created a clean plate for the wrong frame, and not cannot get rid of it in the “edit” section of the Remove module.

Do I have to start completely over?

Using Version 3.2.2 build 8935

Go to the Clip tab and use the dropdown menu to select your “clean plate” and then delete it. Then go back to the remove tab and import your new plates. That should reset everything for you without having to redo anything.

Cheers,
Mary

3 Likes

You can delete the clean plate by selecting the path field and pressing delete.

On a mac however, this is fn+Delete, because Apple likes to be different.

1 Like

Great! . It should be easy to add a remove button on that dialogue to delete a plate i a next revision. More intuitive than figuring out to have to select the path field.