Desperate ... help!

I’m trying to remove wires in Mocha.
Which seemed easy first, but is becoming a pain unfortunately.
Check image attached.
3 wires in the shot.
Mocha shots down almost every time I try rendering the same frame with different REMOVE settings… and also the ‘auto-keyframe’ button was on by accident one time. So now Mocha jumps settings. When I try to delete these frames in CurveEditor Mocha sits down as well.
Now I really get frustrated.
Please help me out here.
Primer question: why does Mocha quit on me she I try different Remove settings and push the render button? (both on my new MacBook & Win7 machine!)
Secondary question: how can I delete these annoying keyframes in the CurveEditor/RemoveLayer ?

Too many simple questions, that are not answered in the Manual / Vid tutorials unfortunetely!

Hi There,

So, is this still happening to you unless you when your parameters? I’d like to know more about this problem so we can make sure you are not experiencing a bug. What type of footage are you using? Can you describe your removal process?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,
So, is this still happening to you unless you when your parameters? I’d like to know more about this problem so we can make sure you are not experiencing a bug. What type of footage are you using? Can you describe your removal process?
Cheers,
Mary

Ah, I see. I think you added me on Skype. Can you do a screen share with me on this shot and I’ll go over it with you?
Cheers,
Mary

Ah, I see. I think you added me on Skype. Can you do a screen share with me on this shot and I’ll go over it with you?

Cheers,
Mary

I’m trying to remove wires in Mocha.
Which seemed easy first, but is becoming a pain unfortunately.

Check image attached.
3 wires in the shot.
Mocha shots down almost every time I try rendering the same frame with different REMOVE settings… and also the ‘auto-keyframe’ button was on by accident one time. So now Mocha jumps settings. When I try to delete these frames in CurveEditor Mocha sits down as well.

Now I really get frustrated.

Please help me out here.

Primer question: why does Mocha quit on me she I try different Remove settings and push the render button? (both on my new MacBook & Win7 machine!)

Secondary question: how can I delete these annoying keyframes in the CurveEditor/RemoveLayer ?

Too many simple questions, that are not answered in the Manual / Vid tutorials unfortunetely!

by “Undoing the Render Frame” solved my problem with Mocha crashing after altering the Remove settings and rendering (by Undoing the Render after each settings-chance solved it for me).
Took me some time to figure out.
Happened to me both on MacBookPro as on Win7 machine !

by “Undoing the Render Frame” solved my problem with Mocha crashing after altering the Remove settings and rendering (by Undoing the Render after each settings-chance solved it for me).

Took me some time to figure out.
Happened to me both on MacBookPro as on Win7 machine !

Dear Mary,
Thanks for your replies.
In short: I have 3 wires to remove from a difficult shot.
The more layers I have, the more Mocha seems to have trouble removing (crashing).
Bot on HP laptop with Win7 and a my new MacBookPro OSX Lion give me the same problem (as well as the Mocha LE version I tried).
I tried both ‘HD ProRes4444’ & ‘HD TIFF sequence’ files, with the same problems - so this can’t be the problem either.
When I “Undo Render In All Frames” the crashes seem less. So I figured it must have to do with filing and/or caching of files in the background somehow.
My process (see image of Mocha interface, working on wire 1 out of 3):

• I draw X-splines > ‘cymbal’ + ‘stand’ = foreground, ‘head track’ + ‘lighting’ + BG = background (see layer order) … all X-splines (‘BG’ is linked to ‘BG track’)
  • I made 3 cleanplates in PHTSHP on frame 1, 27 & 54
  • I select layer ‘wire1’ and goto tab: REMOVE
  • I select a setting to try out in 1 frame render … then when I change settings Mocha crashes (unless I select “Undo Render In All Frames”)
    Finally I managed to get ‘wire1’ almost perfectly removed (well done Mocha!)
    But nog adding more layers for wire2 & wire3 Mocha becomes buggy again, like mentioned before.
    thnx
    R

Dear Mary,

Thanks for your replies.

In short: I have 3 wires to remove from a difficult shot.
The more layers I have, the more Mocha seems to have trouble removing (crashing).

Bot on HP laptop with Win7 and a my new MacBookPro OSX Lion give me the same problem (as well as the Mocha LE version I tried).
I tried both ‘HD ProRes4444’ & ‘HD TIFF sequence’ files, with the same problems - so this can’t be the problem either.

When I “Undo Render In All Frames” the crashes seem less. So I figured it must have to do with filing and/or caching of files in the background somehow.

My process (see image of Mocha interface, working on wire 1 out of 3):

• I draw X-splines > ‘cymbal’ + ‘stand’ = foreground, ‘head track’ + ‘lighting’ + BG = background (see layer order) … all X-splines (‘BG’ is linked to ‘BG track’)
  • I made 3 cleanplates in PHTSHP on frame 1, 27 & 54
  • I select layer ‘wire1’ and goto tab: REMOVE
  • I select a setting to try out in 1 frame render … then when I change settings Mocha crashes (unless I select “Undo Render In All Frames”)

Finally I managed to get ‘wire1’ almost perfectly removed (well done Mocha!)

But nog adding more layers for wire2 & wire3 Mocha becomes buggy again, like mentioned before.

thnx
R