Dialing back the amount of Mocha stabilize?

I have a couple shots that Mocha (and the awesome MochaImport script) has beautifully stabilized. However, it’s a little too rock solid.

Is there someway to craft an expression that can dial back the amount of stabilization? This would be particularly helpful when I have a continuous shot that needs to go from jiggly handheld to rock solid and then back to jiggly handheld.

I could link Wiggle to a slider and keyframe the amount of wiggle to introduce some randomness back into my stabilized shots. But that’s kind of artificial.

Hi! Well, I’m glad it’s rock solid, but as far as tweaking it artistically, you could use a shot with the amount of wiggle that you like, track that, and use that over the top of the stabilized shot.
Would something like that work for you?
Cheers,
Mary

You may want to look into the stabilize module of mocha or mocha Pro instead of using mochaImport for this.
The “fixed frame” option can allow you to play with how much stabilization occurs if you want some of the original camera motion in.
-R
—Quote (Originally by Navstar)—
I have a couple shots that Mocha (and the awesome MochaImport script) has beautifully stabilized. However, it’s a little too rock solid.

Is there someway to craft an expression that can dial back the amount of stabilization? This would be particularly helpful when I have a continuous shot that needs to go from jiggly handheld to rock solid and then back to jiggly handheld.

I could link Wiggle to a slider and keyframe the amount of wiggle to introduce some randomness back into my stabilized shots. But that’s kind of artificial.
—End Quote—