Difficult track

Hi,
I’ve been trying to track the sign on the cab in this clip:

However. can’t seem to stay on the sign.
Any ideas?

Hi,
I’ve been trying to track the sign on the cab in this clip:

However. can’t seem to stay on the sign.
Any ideas?

In my last question I was refering to the Surface plane

I’m attempting to do it from scatch. I’m wondering, until I’ve been using Mocha v2 for AE. The interface seems a little different now. Where do I set the plane?
Amit
—Quote (Originally by J-P)—
Hi,
I attempted this shot and it’s possible to get a decent result - project file attached.
My key observations for this shot:

• You need to mask off the people who pass in front of the sign. During the part of the shot where the cyclist passes in front you can’t track the sign, so you need to switch to Manual Track and set keyframes in the last and first frames the sign is visible.
  • Set the in/out points on each of these foreground layers to avoid tracking them further than you need to.
  • The sign isn’t flat, so this shot will always have some drift that needs to be corrected. Mocha’s tracker will only give 100% accurate results on completely flat surfaces. Anything else is an approximation.
  • Sometimes, the area of the sign remaining after all the foreground objects are masked is very small, and over the whole shot you get a few pixels of drift. I corrected this using AdjustTrack.
  • When you’re using AdjustTrack, you don’t need to set a keyframe for each corner. This means you don’t need to always find a frame where all four corners are visible.
  • There is a lot of varying motion blur in this shot. Try to find sharp frames to set your AdjustTrack keyframes as these will be more accurate. You can jog through the clip using the mouse scroll wheel whilst a corner is selected which can be a good way of choosing a good frame.
  • Notice that I didn’t use the lower-left corner of the sign as a reference, I used something inside the sign instead. The lower-left corner is always hidden behind the taxi’s number sign, which is on a different plane.
  • When you comp in AE, you will need to offset from the actual corners and apply a warp to the new sign you are comping in.
    Hope these ideas help you get a result on this shot.
    Best regards,
    J-P
    —End Quote—

I’m attempting to do it from scatch. I’m wondering, until I’ve been using Mocha v2 for AE. The interface seems a little different now. Where do I set the plane?

Amit

—Quote (Originally by J-P)—
Hi,

I attempted this shot and it’s possible to get a decent result - project file attached.

• You need to mask off the people who pass in front of the sign. During the part of the shot where the cyclist passes in front you can’t track the sign, so you need to switch to Manual Track and set keyframes in the last and first frames the sign is visible.
  • Set the in/out points on each of these foreground layers to avoid tracking them further than you need to.
  • The sign isn’t flat, so this shot will always have some drift that needs to be corrected. Mocha’s tracker will only give 100% accurate results on completely flat surfaces. Anything else is an approximation.
  • Sometimes, the area of the sign remaining after all the foreground objects are masked is very small, and over the whole shot you get a few pixels of drift. I corrected this using AdjustTrack.
  • When you’re using AdjustTrack, you don’t need to set a keyframe for each corner. This means you don’t need to always find a frame where all four corners are visible.
  • There is a lot of varying motion blur in this shot. Try to find sharp frames to set your AdjustTrack keyframes as these will be more accurate. You can jog through the clip using the mouse scroll wheel whilst a corner is selected which can be a good way of choosing a good frame.
  • Notice that I didn’t use the lower-left corner of the sign as a reference, I used something inside the sign instead. The lower-left corner is always hidden behind the taxi’s number sign, which is on a different plane.
  • When you comp in AE, you will need to offset from the actual corners and apply a warp to the new sign you are comping in.

Best regards,

J-P
—End Quote—

In my last question I was refering to the Surface plane

Hi,

Best regards,
    J-P

Hi,

Best regards,

J-P

It’s the blue button in the view toolbar at the top of the canvas.
The ‘mocha v2 quick start video’ at Boris FX | Documentation covers the interface changes.
J-P

It’s the blue button in the view toolbar at the top of the canvas.

The ‘mocha v2 quick start video’ at Boris FX | Documentation covers the interface changes.

J-P