Disabling Mocha

I recently installed CS5 on my wife’s computer, now when she double clicks on certain video files, it is launching Mocha. How do I stop this from happening? She has no need of Mocha. Thanks.

Which system are you on?

CS6 does it a little differently.
You have to load mocha by selecting a layer or project footage in After Effects CS6 and then choose “Track in mocha” in the Animation menu.

Since you are on the Mac, the easiest way to do this is to right-click the file type, hold down option, and choose the “Always open with” menu item to select your media player.
If you don’t hold down option you get a standard “Open with” menu.

Since you are on the Mac, the easiest way to do this is to right-click the file type, hold down option, and choose the “Always open with” menu item to select your media player.

If you don’t hold down option you get a standard “Open with” menu.

CS6 does it a little differently.

You have to load mocha by selecting a layer or project footage in After Effects CS6 and then choose “Track in mocha” in the Animation menu.

This is probably because windows asked her if she’d always like to open these types of files with mocha. She’ll need to switch that to quicktime or something like that.

This is probably because windows asked her if she’d always like to open these types of files with mocha. She’ll need to switch that to quicktime or something like that.

The remove module is designed to remove foreground objects from your footage to create clean plates. A removed object can be anything: wires, poles, signs, people and so on. The only requirement for a good removal is enough background to use. To understand how mocha Pro removes a foreground object consider how you would do it yourself. A common method is to select a source image where the foreground object does not obscure the background region you are trying to paint in the target frame. You would then clone or otherwise copy the pixels from the source frame to the target frame. If the background is not in the same position in the two frames you would have to track the patch of pixels into the frame, and if the lighting is different between the two frames you would have to adjust the brightness of the patch. The remove module attempts to do this for you automatically using a method called motion keying. As it has tracked the background areas you have defined, it can move pi!
xels of these background areas from one frame to another. Hence, if a part of a background area is obscured in one frame, mocha Pro can search the rest of the clip for a frame where the obscured background area is visible, and move the pixels correctly into the target frame. During this process mocha Pro will evaluate and compensate for the lighting differences between the source and the target frame.

The remove module is designed to remove foreground objects from your footage to create clean plates. A removed object can be anything: wires, poles, signs, people and so on. The only requirement for a good removal is enough background to use. To understand how mocha Pro removes a foreground object consider how you would do it yourself. A common method is to select a source image where the foreground object does not obscure the background region you are trying to paint in the target frame. You would then clone or otherwise copy the pixels from the source frame to the target frame. If the background is not in the same position in the two frames you would have to track the patch of pixels into the frame, and if the lighting is different between the two frames you would have to adjust the brightness of the patch. The remove module attempts to do this for you automatically using a method called motion keying. As it has tracked the background areas you have defined, it can move pi!
xels of these background areas from one frame to another. Hence, if a part of a background area is obscured in one frame, mocha Pro can search the rest of the clip for a frame where the obscured background area is visible, and move the pixels correctly into the target frame. During this process mocha Pro will evaluate and compensate for the lighting differences between the source and the target frame.

I recently installed CS5 on my wife’s computer, now when she double clicks on certain video files, it is launching Mocha. How do I stop this from happening? She has no need of Mocha. Thanks.

I find it odd that it is happening, I had CS5 on my computer before upgrading to CS6 and it never happened to me. Any clues on how to change pref. to open in quicktime every time?

I find it odd that it is happening, I had CS5 on my computer before upgrading to CS6 and it never happened to me. Any clues on how to change pref. to open in quicktime every time?

I’ll give that a try. By the way, should I ever want to use Mocha with CS6, how do I find it?

I’ll give that a try. By the way, should I ever want to use Mocha with CS6, how do I find it?