Displacement artifact after removal

Hi ? We did an arial shot recently, and a bee landed on the lens and crawled around for a minute before it finally got blown off. Our footage is great except for this fuzzy bee in the frame.
I’ve been trying to remove it with mocha. The removal is fine, but there’s a bit of distortion around the edge of the bug layer ? it looks like a displacement map has been applied, and it travels along the ground right where the layer is. The footage contains a ton of trees and buildings and whatnot, so I can imagine why this might occur, but I have no idea how to deal with it.
To put it in photoshop terms, a feathered edge would seem to do it, but I’m not sure how to accomplish the same effect here. Mostly I’ve been playing around with dissolve. Blending with a width of 10 is about as good as I can get it. Both higher and lower numbers result in a much sharper edge to the displacement.
Any ideas? I can provide clips if needed.

Oh! Clever, why didn’t I think of that? Thanks so much.

Hi ? We did an arial shot recently, and a bee landed on the lens and crawled around for a minute before it finally got blown off. Our footage is great except for this fuzzy bee in the frame.

I’ve been trying to remove it with mocha. The removal is fine, but there’s a bit of distortion around the edge of the bug layer ? it looks like a displacement map has been applied, and it travels along the ground right where the layer is. The footage contains a ton of trees and buildings and whatnot, so I can imagine why this might occur, but I have no idea how to deal with it.

To put it in photoshop terms, a feathered edge would seem to do it, but I’m not sure how to accomplish the same effect here. Mostly I’ve been playing around with dissolve. Blending with a width of 10 is about as good as I can get it. Both higher and lower numbers result in a much sharper edge to the displacement.

Any ideas? I can provide clips if needed.

Oh! Clever, why didn’t I think of that? Thanks so much.

Try exporting a feathered matte version of the removal layer and use that matte to comp the removed area on top of the original footage.

Try exporting a feathered matte version of the removal layer and use that matte to comp the removed area on top of the original footage.