Display problem wiht Boris Primatte in Resolve 17b3

I’m new to Resolve, so I may be missing some preference somewhere, but this looks like a bug.

I’m using the latest release of Boris Continuum on my late 2015 iMac, Os 10.15.7,

The effect seems to function, this just seems to be a display issue. I hope it’s easily fixed.

The garbled text in the Primatte Toolbar happens on some combinations of OS/GPU/Monitor Resolutions. Can you clarify if you have just one monitor or multiple and what their resolutions are.

I’m just using the Built-in Retina Display, 27-inch (5120 x 2880), AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB graphics

Display is set at default for display.

OS is 10.15.7

Thanks for the additional system details. We’ll dig into this.

I can also confirm this issue on my system.
(It was also on DR 17b1 and DR 17b2)

MacPro 2019 (28Core,Radeon Pro Vega II Duo), OS 10.15.7
Displays: 2 x (2560 x 1600)

Hi I’m new as well and having the same issues. Has this been resolved
yet? no pun attended of course.

Hi,

Unfortunately the Mac Resolve problem with garbled text overlays is still under investigation.

-Jason

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

Any update or workaround on this issue. I’m starting a large project that I’m hoping to do in resolve, but with this issue might have to work in Avid
Thank you

Unfortunately there is not yet a patch for the Resolve host change that introduced this problem with the garbled UI text on mac. It is in our queue, but we don’t have a specific release estimate at this time.

-Jason

Hi Jason, Is it possible it has something to do with the new languages that resolve put in place with DR 17 for the GUI. It looks like they added Korean and Vietnamese.

I am seeing the same issue in DR 16.2.7 as well

It’s probably not related to language support. The garbled text appears related to the OpenGL drawing backend that supports the on screen overlay widgets in Resolve.