Distortion Tracking question

Hi,
Suppose I have completed Distortion Calibrate in Mocha Pro, do I need to export them as sequence or mov, and then tracking?
or is it possible to tracking in Mocha Pro after completing the Distortion Calibrate?

thank you.

Once you have completed a lens calibration, you can track and roto with the distortion in place. You’d see the overlays distort with your calibration. You only need to render if you plan to get rid of the distortion permanently.
You will need to utilize the undistort and distort workflows to make sure the results remain consistent in other applications, however.
This depends on what target compositing application you’re going to. For example, in Nuke, you may want to render out an STMap from the Mocha lens module to warp the source plate using Nuke’s STMap node, or alternatively render the undistort directly from the Mocha Pro plugin.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for replying.
I noticed that the Surface is calibrated, but when I click Track, the preview still shows the original, distorted video.
I want to use Camera Solve after distortion calibrate, will it affect my tracking? cause the preview still looks distorted.

thank you.

@da00oha
Yes, the preview should continue look distorted. But Camera Solver will take in count that calibration data you did in previous step.

In case you would preffer to work with “undistorted look”, you should follow the workflow Martin explained earlier. I recently made a tutorial showing that pipeline, try to google " Why to use STMaps? Undistorting with Mocha Pro" if you need a step by step lesson.

1 Like

Hi, I have watched your videos and subscribed :slight_smile:
generally, I also use STMaps in Nuke, or use Mocha in AE to apply STMaps.
Just found that when I finished the Distortion calibration, and then Tracking, the preview would change back to the original, not the calibrated one, so I had doubts.
No problem now, thank you all. :pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Oh, I saw this blue dotted line, the calibrate was applied correctly. My bad :persevere::persevere:

1 Like