Does the PI plugin work with FCPX?

Hi.
I have the standalone version of Particle Illusion.
Will the plugin version work with FCPX?

Thanks

Hi Peterr,

At this point in time, we do not offer the Particle Illusion plugin for the FCP/Motion hosts. The Particle Illusion plugin is currently available for the following hosts : Adobe AE/PP, Avid, OFX hosts including Resolve (both free and paid versions) and Nuke.

Thanks,
Peter.

Oh, that’s disappointing.
I used to use the original version a lot, and that allowed videos to be imported as a background.
That made tracking easy.
Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
Thanks anyway.

So while this is true today, it’s something that will change as we move forward with the FxPlug 4 architecture. And in the meantime, if you need to comp against a background plate you can do this in other supported hosts, such as the free version of Resolve, and then either render out from that host with the background plate or render directly from Particle Illusion without the background plate and then import the rendered file into FCP for final comp. Options. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Peter.

That’s useful to know.

I’ve never used Resolve. I’ll download it now.

Unfortunately, I need my boss’s approval to make the Charity Bundle Deal purchase and I can’t get to him for the rest of the day.

I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed that PI appears in another promotion in the future.

Thanks very much for your help.

Pete

Hi Peter
I’ve downloaded Resolve and finally got the approval to make the purchase.
Is there any way that I can still access the special Charity Bundle offer? (I obviously missed the boat)
If not, are you able to tell me if PI is going to feature in any other promotions?
I hope you don’t mind me asking.
Thanks very much
Pete

Hi Pete,

That’s great! I’ll put you in touch with someone in sales to see if they can make that happen for you. Can you send me your direct email address please? Send that to me at peterm(at)borisfx(dot)com.

Thanks,
Peter.

Hello Pete -

Would it be okay if I emailed you I do have a question and about PI and FCP with the 5daydeal?

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Anthony.
That’s no problem but if it answers your question, I missed the charity bundle deal.
Pete