Drawn Matte in Mocha Pro not translating to Premiere

I drew this matte in Mocha. Spent a lot of time tweaking it. Saved it, closed it, and in Premiere went I click Apply Matte, the whole image goes black. :confused: I don’t know what I did wrong. It doesn’t seem to be actually making a matte. This is the latest version of Mocha Pro inside of Premiere. There could be some setting that Imagineer changed that I’m not utilizing.

Here’s an example of what’s happening:

Mocha Pro Matte

Thanks in advance

Does any shape work, or only having issues with this one?

Did you try exporting the shape inside Mocha interface as Premiere format? Copy shape to clipboard and then in Premiere mask layer paste the shape.

I don’t know if this is a bug, or if Mocha doesn’t work this way, but the footage I was using had time remapping. I slowed it down to 30% in Premiere, and brought that into Mocha Pro. As a test, I tried a normal speed clip and it worked. So I exported my retimed piece, then remimported that and brought it into Mocha. That seemed to work, until I rendered it. Then this happens:

Mocha Fail

I tried exporting shapes, but how do I merge the body shape with the arm shape? Right now, they are individual. I don’t see any of this happening in the tutorials.

Thanks.

You should be able to paste multiple Mocha shapes into either Premiere or AE. In premiere you do need to go to the clip’s effect parameters as the mask is found under the opacity. In Mocha Pro plug for AE, simply use the “create AE masks” button… one of my fav v5 features…

From your video it looks to me that you have another mask layer (or track layer) that should be removed or dialed down the opacity. Note that you can export “all visible” Mocha layers, all selected or one layer at a time.