Editing is not carried over to Photoshop

Hello,

I use Boris FX Optics as a plug-in in Photoshop.
My problem is when I edit an image in Optics and I’m done, the changes don’t reflect in Photoshop.
I use the symbol in the top left. I convert the layer into a smart object in Photoshop beforehand.

Does anyone else have the problem or a solution?

System:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
GeForce RTX 2060
48GB RAM
Windows 10

@d_hoppmann9387 Can you confirm you are running Optics 2021.2 which can be downloaded from here: https://borisfx.com/downloads/?&product=Boris%20Optics%202021

To determine the version, open the Optics user interface and choose Help > About Optics.

If you are not running Optics 2021.2, does this 2021.2 solve your issue?

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I am using version 2021.2
Photoshop 2021 version 22.0.1

I have already tried to reinstall boris fx optics without any improvement.
As a stand-alone, everything works without problems, only the transfer to photoshop does not.
When I confirm my changes and the program automatically switches back to photoshop, it’s as if I hadn’t done anything, my photoshop layer doesn’t show any filters or anything.
Photoshop usually shows this on a smartobject.

We had a case where a multi-screen layout could cause issues. Can you press F2 to make sure you are in the default layout and see if that solves the issue?

Thank you for your quick replay.
Unfortunately even if I switched to single screen, the result is same.

DB Web Logo.png

@marco
I tried it and switched from multi-monitor to one monitor.
it works now.
I switched back to 1 monitor, tested it and it worked. then I tried again, this time set it to multimonitor to edit and only set it to 1 monitor again to switch to photoshop, that worked too.

if I don’t change the view in the multi monitor setup, don’t move windows or something, then it works.

many thanks for the help.
I did not think that the problem is the choice of view.

We fixed this previously for Mac and will get the fix into Windows for the next point release.

Can you confirm you are running Optics 2021.2 which can be downloaded from here: https://borisfx.com/downloads/?&product=Boris%20Optics%202021 1

To determine the version, open the Optics user interface and choose Help > About Optics.

If you are not running Optics 2021.2, does 2021.2 solve your issue?

I too have had this issue and I am using multiple monitors. The workaround of using the default view seems to fix the issue. However I noticed no change in the screen layout after pressing F2 or selecting Default View from the View menu. I manually moved all my optics windows and docked them in the main screen then selected the Default view, which seems to work.
Definitely would love to have the ability to use both monitors while using Optics, looking forward to the next release.

If you’re on Mac, 2021.2 resolves this.
If you are on Windows, try unmaximizing the main Optics window. You can make it almost as big as the screen - just don’t maximize it. That is a workaround for an issue we saw recently that we can’t reproduce here.

Thanks for the help! it is a Windows machine. Optics behaved properly for a while after I purchased the product (early Dec.) , but due to the holidays I did not use the tool until the last few days. My guess is Microsoft push some sort of Windows update and messed up some setting somewhere.