Emitter offset Confusion

Hello Boris FX!
I’m preparing some presentation for Wacom Ukraine, cause i know you making some collaboration with them. But i wanna clarify on some suff with Particle Illusion, cause im still confused in some Workflow steps. Maybe you can clear this out for me?
Shord list of faced “problems”, but more deitaled explanation in video below:

1. Emitter dont follows tracked Path in Particle Illusion Viever
  2. Some confusion with emitter offset
  3. First frame in Particle Illusion’s Viever is always black

Hope you can Help figure this out!

Hi Elizabeth,

The black frame in your video is due to the start point of the emitter not being at the start of the timeline in Particle Illusion. Just drag the start point back to the beginning of the timeline to fix that. I’ve attached a screenshot to better illustrate my thought. I’ll take a look at the emitter tracking issue that you mentioned and write back.

Cheers,
Peter.

The reason for the offset is probably because you were not at frame 0 when you added the emitter to the stage. IN Particle Illusion there is a preference to disable that feature so that all emitters start at frame 0. You might want to disable that.

Thanks,
Peter.

Hi Elizabeth,

After tracking with Mocha, try enabling the Show Motion Path feature - this will display for you the path that the emitter will take. You should not need to use other transform controls to reposition the emitter as long as the tracking is good. Please feel free to send me your project and I will take a look at it to see if there is something wrong with it. You can reach me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,
Peter.

Doesn’t matter where’s emitters start frame. Cause first black frame appears (and second normal) is even when is no emitter added.

im talking about Background(!) video, not the particles

Can you send me your project please so that I’m looking at the same thing that you are?

Hi, Elizabeth,

Those screenshots show that you are not working with the latest version of Continuum and Particle Illusion. I believe some (and perhaps all) of those issues may be resolved if you update.

Cheers,
Jason

dropped you an email

Thanks Elizabeth - I’ve downloaded the project and am reviewing it now. On my Mac all seems as expected, but then I’m on the latest version on that system. You’re on Windows so I’ve moved the project over to my Win system and am about to take a look. I’m sure we’ll have the issue sorted out shortly.

Thanks,
Peter.

On my Win system everything appears to be working as intended. I can confirm based on the UI in your screenshots that (a) you’re using an older version of Particle Illusion and that (b) if you use the latest version you will no longer experience the issues that you have encountered while working on this project. You can download the latest installer from our web site here : https://borisfx.com/downloads/?&product=Boris%20Continuum%202021

Thanks,
Peter.

Thank you for your time Peter! Yeah, seams that it works like it should in newest version…