Error - Can't track forwards from Out Point

Hello,

I am using Mocha Pro Version 7.0.1 build 55.g851d149d1b74. I had to extend and offset the clip due to editorial changes. That process was not as simple as I would have expected it to be.

But now I have a project which displays the correct clip, project, and layer in/out of my new 200 frame clip. Unfortunately when I try to track into the new frames I get an error “Can’t track forwards from Out Point”.

Is there a fix for this that does not involve installing a new version of Mocha?

Thank you,
Chris

The original clip length was 159 frames. I offset and extended it to be 200 frames. I set this in File->Project Settings and it correctly displays 200 frames.

When I make a new layer - it defaults to an in/out of 159 frames. So somewhere Mocha is relying on the old frame length.

In your timeline tools you should be able to extend the in and out points of the shot as well, it may be it’s changing in project settings but not there. So you can manually change those numbers OR you can pull them out to the length of the shot.

Can you try that and let me know?

Cheers,
Mary

Mary,

The in/out points on the timeline show the full 200 frames. The project setting is set to 200 frames. The clip length is 200 frames. And the Layer properties indicates the full 200 frames.

But when making a new layer - it defaults to the previous clip length. And when attempting to extend the track it hits and “invisible wall” at the previous end point after which it pops up the error.

Thank you,
Chris

Is this the standalone or the plugin?

Standalone

Do you have in and out points on the layer (in layer properties and different from the timeline)? Can you try making a new layer and seeing if you get the same error?

The layer properties and the display on the timeline match and indicate 200 frames.

If I make a new layer, it defaults to the previous length and cannot track passed 159 frames even if I extend it on the timeline and/or layer in/out properties.

At this point, we are redoing all of the work unless I can export the mocha file as an ascii and fix it in there?

OK, before you redo it, can you email me the file and I can see if I can troubleshoot? maryp@borisfx.com

Cheers,
Mary

I really appreciate the offer but I cannot send files out of our facility.

Thank you,
Chris

OK, if you load the file up into notepad or similar you can edit it, but that can potentially wreck the file, so make sure you save it as a copy.

You can also try reimporting the clip instead of replacing it in the clip tab too.