Error Importing Video Footage

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing your product, and have downloaded the trial version of Mocha Pro 3.0.1. When I try to import video footage, I keep getting and error message. I can successfully import image sequences, but NOT video. I am running a Mac OSX 10.7.4. :confused:
Thanks

Hi There,
What is the codec of the footage you are trying to import?
Is your quicktime up to date?
Are your video drivers up to date?
There is some footage, like unprocessed footage directly off a camera, that will not read properly in mocha.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,

What is the codec of the footage you are trying to import?
Is your quicktime up to date?
Are your video drivers up to date?

There is some footage, like unprocessed footage directly off a camera, that will not read properly in mocha.

Cheers,
Mary

Me neither, that’s why I am trying to troubleshoot with you. :slight_smile: Let’s see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Thats awesome! Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,
Mary

That sounds like something strange, like a corrupt layer. Or a bad path. Are you moving the files around a lot or are you loading them off a network?
Can you send us a file with the problem in it? And the mocha log? The mocha loh is under help>view log. You can just copy and paste into a doc.
Cheers,
Mary

That sounds like something strange, like a corrupt layer. Or a bad path. Are you moving the files around a lot or are you loading them off a network?

Can you send us a file with the problem in it? And the mocha log? The mocha loh is under help>view log. You can just copy and paste into a doc.

Cheers,
Mary

Me neither, that’s why I am trying to troubleshoot with you. :slight_smile: Let’s see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Thats awesome! Thanks for letting us know!
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary, it seems to be working correctly a small percentage of the time, which is very odd. The same thing is happening whether it is an MP4, or MOV. It works maybe 1 out of every 20 tries, and then I will get this message: “IPC protocol error: Incorrect message id received”.

What else is interesting is that Mocha AE works perfectly, but only in Mocha Pro am I experiencing this. Yes, my codecs are up to date, and I am running the most current version of OSX.

Interestingly enough, 2.6.1 works perfectly. :frowning:

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing your product, and have downloaded the trial version of Mocha Pro 3.0.1. When I try to import video footage, I keep getting and error message. I can successfully import image sequences, but NOT video. I am running a Mac OSX 10.7.4. :confused:

Thanks

Hi Mary, it seems to be working correctly a small percentage of the time, which is very odd. The same thing is happening whether it is an MP4, or MOV. It works maybe 1 out of every 20 tries, and then I will get this message: “IPC protocol error: Incorrect message id received”.
What else is interesting is that Mocha AE works perfectly, but only in Mocha Pro am I experiencing this. Yes, my codecs are up to date, and I am running the most current version of OSX.

Interestingly enough, 2.6.1 works perfectly. :frowning:

Ok, I will try to send later. I just don’t understand why it would work perfectly in 2.6.1 and not in 3.0.1.

Ok, I will try to send later. I just don’t understand why it would work perfectly in 2.6.1 and not in 3.0.1.

Hi Mary,
I ended up solving the problem. Like I said, it was weird that 2.6 and 2.6.1 worked perfectly, 3.0 and 3.0.1 could not import any video footage. I started deleting a bunch of extensions I had, and it ended up working. I can’t remember everything I deleted, but I do remember 3ivx, MacFuse, and something that rhymed with “Peruvian” or something like that. There were a couple others, but deleting one of them fixed it.
Thanks for you help. :slight_smile:

Hi Mary,

I ended up solving the problem. Like I said, it was weird that 2.6 and 2.6.1 worked perfectly, 3.0 and 3.0.1 could not import any video footage. I started deleting a bunch of extensions I had, and it ended up working. I can’t remember everything I deleted, but I do remember 3ivx, MacFuse, and something that rhymed with “Peruvian” or something like that. There were a couple others, but deleting one of them fixed it.

Thanks for you help. :slight_smile: