Error message about active layer

“unable to replace layer pixels… no active layer behind the layer.”

I want to remove a ring from a hand. I have tracked the ring as one layer and the hand as another layer. Then, I choose the ring layer and click on the remove tab and hit render. What steps am I missing?

thank you

It sounds like you are missing a cleanplate without the ring. If that doesn’t help, can you send me a screenshot so I can see what’s going on with your remove?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary;

I discovered the reason for the error… didn’t have the layer in the right place at the bottom, BUT, have run into several other issues…

first, the bottom layer, when tracking is not fully ignoring the layers above it, better than not having those mattes at all, but still bounces (drifts) a little when coming into contact with those layers;

second, the clean plate is not tracking with the backround track, so the finger, which looks perfect in the first frame drifts as far as the dress on the woman whose hand it is…what am I doing wrong that the clean plate doesn’t track along with the hand?

thank you

Can you send me a screenshot? At this point, I will have to see what is going on in order to solve your issue for you. Sorry for the late response, I was out on meetings all last week.