Error message

As you can see from the screen grab, I keep getting this error message, then have to trash the offending file. However, even when this error message doesn’t appear (i.e., after I’ve trashed the bad file) and I do a successful scan, the remove function fails to remove anything at all. Of course its the spot that I’m trying to remove. Any suggestions most welcome.

I’ve seen this happen on another customer’s machine, not sure of the actual cause yet but if you switch to using DPX for intermediate files it solves the problem. To do this, go to Mokey | Prefernces | Default Clip Settings and change format for result clips to dpx.
If you have a project already open you can change the settings for individual clips on the Clip tab. Select the output clip you are working with and press Output Settings… Then select dpx as the exension.
Best regards,
J-P

I’ve seen this happen on another customer’s machine, not sure of the actual cause yet but if you switch to using DPX for intermediate files it solves the problem. To do this, go to Mokey | Prefernces | Default Clip Settings and change format for result clips to dpx.

If you have a project already open you can change the settings for individual clips on the Clip tab. Select the output clip you are working with and press Output Settings… Then select dpx as the exension.

Best regards,

J-P

This just controls the intermediate result format, you can always render out in any format using File | Save Clip…
J-P

This just controls the intermediate result format, you can always render out in any format using File | Save Clip…

J-P

As you can see from the screen grab, I keep getting this error message, then have to trash the offending file. However, even when this error message doesn’t appear (i.e., after I’ve trashed the bad file) and I do a successful scan, the remove function fails to remove anything at all. Of course its the spot that I’m trying to remove. Any suggestions most welcome.

Unfortunately, even using the DPX intermediate files as you suggest still brings up the error screen.

The problem with rendering out as PDX is that I cannot then construct a .mov or jpeg clip using QT.

The problem with rendering out as PDX is that I cannot then construct a .mov or jpeg clip using QT.

Unfortunately, even using the DPX intermediate files as you suggest still brings up the error screen.