Explorting Xsplines into nuke?

Hi simular to my other thread:

I am making roto’s in mocha and wish to export the shape in Xsplines into nuke, when I export in nuke they always end up as beziers. is there a way to make sure they are xsplines?

I am using mocha pro 3.1.1. and export shape data “nuke rotopaint” is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
ninja

Hi Ninja!

We’d love nuke to support X-Splines, but they currently do not. You should let the foundry know you want them to support X-Splines, until they do, we can’t export them.

Cheers,
Mary

I am not sure there’s a way to convert those in nuke, you might want to check the nuke forums.

Our nuke roto node is an older node and has a keyframe on every frame, the roto paint node is the one you want. It has a keyframe where you have keyframes in mocha.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your prompt reply. :slight_smile:

I have a couple more questions:

1. I was wondering if there was a way to specify Mocha to convert the X-Splines into B-Splines and use B-Splines instead of Beziers in Nuke?

2. (This question has probably been asked before), how come Nuke makes a keyframe every single frame, is there a way to keep Mocha’s keyframe structure of not every single frame but keyframes only where I created them in Mocha and bring them into Nuke?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
~N