Export after Stablize

I have a nice ‘smoothed’ camera after tweaking things in the Stabilize tab
I have to deliver them to my client as a shake script
The exported (copy / paste) shake stabilize node does NOT move the plate the same as I see it moving inside of Mocha…
what am I doing wrong?
T

I see I responded a few moments too late. D’oh!
I’m glad you found a workaround.

Hi there,
I need to know the answer to some questions before I can help you better.
Do all your shake settings match the mocha settings? Did you paste in on the first frame of the composition? Have you made sure you are smoothing in shake? What versions of the software are you using and what operating system?
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

I need to know the answer to some questions before I can help you better.

Do all your shake settings match the mocha settings? Did you paste in on the first frame of the composition? Have you made sure you are smoothing in shake? What versions of the software are you using and what operating system?

Cheers,
Mary

I see I responded a few moments too late. D’oh!

I’m glad you found a workaround.

Alright, thank you for the feedback. I’ll pass it along!
Cheers,
Mary

Alright, thank you for the feedback. I’ll pass it along!

Cheers,
Mary

oh on a completely different topic, I HATE that I have to click once to ‘unselect’ before I can click and drag. Still not a fan at all of the selection process.

Not a fan of the Transform Tool either.
On these 5k plates I’m working on, I have to hoover around edges forever before the appropriate modifier icon shows up.
It’s just faster to just move 1 point at time.

T

apparently the only Shake node exported out of Mocha’s Stabilize tab that has the proper translate data, is the Corner Pin.
To make it usable in production, I created my own 4 point rotoshape, piped that into the cornerpin, adjust its position with a scale and pan to re center it in the view port, and then retracked that with a new 4 point Stabe node.
then I was able to get the same result with the new stabe node by setting it to Match and ref frame 1
T

apparently the only Shake node exported out of Mocha’s Stabilize tab that has the proper translate data, is the Corner Pin.
To make it usable in production, I created my own 4 point rotoshape, piped that into the cornerpin, adjust its position with a scale and pan to re center it in the view port, and then retracked that with a new 4 point Stabe node.
then I was able to get the same result with the new stabe node by setting it to Match and ref frame 1

T

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Do all your shake settings match the mocha settings?
—End Quote—
that doesn’t matter when copy/pasting into shake
—Quote—
Did you paste in on the first frame of the composition?
—End Quote—
also doesn’t matter
—Quote—
Have you made sure you are smoothing in shake?
—End Quote—
not sure what you mean. switching from Match to Stabe in the Stabilize Node?
—Quote—
What versions of the software are you using and what operating system?
—End Quote—
last version of Shake released for mac
OS 10.6.8
The bottom line is, the MatchMove node and the Stabilize Node that are pasted into the shake node view have different transformations than the Corner Pin does.
The Corner Pin is correct, the other 2 are not. They seem to be based on the transforms of the Planar Surface (in Mocha), while the Corner Pin’s data is based on the final transform of the actual layer (after all of your choices for smooth/stabilized are chosen in the Stabilize tab)
I noticed that the Planar Surface’s transforms don’t match the Layer’s transforms while in the Stabilize Tab. Not sure why.
Also, I can’t export the shape out of the Stabilize Tab, which would be handy, since it’s picking up the transform data from the stabilize process. Then I could convert that myself to a shake stabe node.
T

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Do all your shake settings match the mocha settings?
—End Quote—
that doesn’t matter when copy/pasting into shake

—Quote—
Did you paste in on the first frame of the composition?
—End Quote—
also doesn’t matter

—Quote—
Have you made sure you are smoothing in shake?
—End Quote—
not sure what you mean. switching from Match to Stabe in the Stabilize Node?

—Quote—
What versions of the software are you using and what operating system?
—End Quote—
last version of Shake released for mac
OS 10.6.8

The bottom line is, the MatchMove node and the Stabilize Node that are pasted into the shake node view have different transformations than the Corner Pin does.
The Corner Pin is correct, the other 2 are not. They seem to be based on the transforms of the Planar Surface (in Mocha), while the Corner Pin’s data is based on the final transform of the actual layer (after all of your choices for smooth/stabilized are chosen in the Stabilize tab)

I noticed that the Planar Surface’s transforms don’t match the Layer’s transforms while in the Stabilize Tab. Not sure why.
Also, I can’t export the shape out of the Stabilize Tab, which would be handy, since it’s picking up the transform data from the stabilize process. Then I could convert that myself to a shake stabe node.

T

I have a nice ‘smoothed’ camera after tweaking things in the Stabilize tab
I have to deliver them to my client as a shake script
The exported (copy / paste) shake stabilize node does NOT move the plate the same as I see it moving inside of Mocha…
what am I doing wrong?

T

oh on a completely different topic, I HATE that I have to click once to ‘unselect’ before I can click and drag. Still not a fan at all of the selection process.
Not a fan of the Transform Tool either.
On these 5k plates I’m working on, I have to hoover around edges forever before the appropriate modifier icon shows up.
It’s just faster to just move 1 point at time.
T

Just upgraded to the latest version, and this seems to be working flawlessly
nice work
In fact, the stabe module could be the greatest thing ever for this type of work.
T

Just upgraded to the latest version, and this seems to be working flawlessly
nice work

In fact, the stabe module could be the greatest thing ever for this type of work.

T