Export shape data issues

Hey there,
I have some issues with export shape data on mocha pro 3.1.1 learning edition 5881
1)
Steps:
Create a bezier layer with 4 points on frame 0.
Deactivate one point on frame 1.
Click on Export Shape Data …
Result:
Crash with message:
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x72a752d4.
Expected:
no crash!
2)
Steps:
Deactivate one point on frame 0.
Activate this point on frame 1.
Export Shape Data as Combustion GMask Script.
Result:
Export does not contain the point which was deactivated on frame1
Expected:
Is it the expected behaviour?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
No, I don’t think it is expected. I will see if i can duplicate this issue. In the meantime, what happens when you don’t deactivate points?

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
Thank you for your answer.
If I don’t deactivate points, all 4 of them are present as expected in the export.

Here are the two files to reproduce the issue.
Thanks.

Hey there,

I have some issues with export shape data on mocha pro 3.1.1 learning edition 5881

Steps:

Result:
Crash with message:
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x72a752d4.

Expected:
no crash!

Steps:
Deactivate one point on frame 0.
Activate this point on frame 1.
Export Shape Data as Combustion GMask Script.

Result:
Export does not contain the point which was deactivated on frame1

Expected:
Is it the expected behaviour?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
No, I don’t think it is expected. I will see if i can duplicate this issue. In the meantime, what happens when you don’t deactivate points?
Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
Thank you for your answer.
If I don’t deactivate points, all 4 of them are present as expected in the export.

Here are the two files to reproduce the issue.

Thanks.

—Quote (Originally by johnstevens2)—
1)

Steps:

Result:
Crash with message:

Expected:
no crash!
—End Quote—
To be more precise, this occurs when the number of deactivated points in any frame is greater than the number of deactivated points on the first frame of the export.

The export exports only the details of the number of points activated on the first frame. If the number of activated points on any other frame exceeds the number of activated points of the first frame, the details of the last points will not be exported but will be replaced by the points which became active.

ie:
frame1:
point1: active
point2: active
point3: inactive
point4: active

frame2:
point3: active

export will contain:
frame1:
point1
point2
point4

frame2:
point1
point2
point3

And a crash occurs when the number of deactivated points in any frame exceeds the number of deactivated points in frame1

ie:
frame1:

frame2:

crash.

Please let me know when you have an update on this.

—Quote (Originally by johnstevens2)—
1)
Steps:
Result:
Crash with message:
Expected:
no crash!
—End Quote—
To be more precise, this occurs when the number of deactivated points in any frame is greater than the number of deactivated points on the first frame of the export.
The export exports only the details of the number of points activated on the first frame. If the number of activated points on any other frame exceeds the number of activated points of the first frame, the details of the last points will not be exported but will be replaced by the points which became active.
ie:
frame1:
frame2:
export will contain:
frame1:
point1
point2
point4
frame2:
point1
point2
point3
And a crash occurs when the number of deactivated points in any frame exceeds the number of deactivated points in frame1
ie:
frame1:
frame2:
crash.
Please let me know when you have an update on this.

Cheers,
Mary

Cheers,
Mary

Then I would do that as a workaround for now while we try to duplicate the issue and see if we can find out what is going on there. Would you mind sending me the mocha file? I don’t need the footage, I just want to have an example to test against.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheers,
Mary

Then I would do that as a workaround for now while we try to duplicate the issue and see if we can find out what is going on there. Would you mind sending me the mocha file? I don’t need the footage, I just want to have an example to test against.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Mary

Upon further review, my dev team has informed me that right now exporting deactivated points for most packages does not work, because the applications can’t handle them. Though it should not crash.
Even I sometimes stumble into new mocha territory.
We will still continue to explore this.
Cheers,
Mary

Upon further review, my dev team has informed me that right now exporting deactivated points for most packages does not work, because the applications can’t handle them. Though it should not crash.

Even I sometimes stumble into new mocha territory.

We will still continue to explore this.

Cheers,
Mary

Thank you, I will see if we can repeat it on our end. This is very helpful.

Cheers,
Mary

Thank you, I will see if we can repeat it on our end. This is very helpful.
Cheers,
Mary