Exported scale data isn't correct

I’ve searched through the forum to see if this question has already been asked/answered, but I’m not finding what I need.

I understand the difference between exporting corner pin data and transform data, and I need transform data for what I’m doing. I have a text layer that needs to move, rotate, and scale with a piece of footage, so the corner pin method would not be appropriate. I intend to apply the Mocha tracking data to a null layer and then attach the text layer to the null using “parent.”

I know about needing to turn off the key frame stopwatch for the anchor point attribute and resetting the anchor point to 0,0.

My problem is that, while the purple grid within Mocha is attached perfectly to my footage based on the tracking region I defined, the exported data is not providing the desired results in AE. The tracking process in Mocha appears to have worked like a charm. However, when pasting the transform data into AE, the scale property is yielding results that are not even close. It’s almost like there’s some sort of additional multiplier being applied to the scale property. Positional and rotational data appears correct, but the scale data just isn’t right. My null scales up too much and does not appear “stuck” to the underlying footage. Can anyone explain or suggest a way of troubleshooting? I’m really confounded since, as I mentioned, the purple grid in Mocha indicates a perfect track.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It sounds like the frames rates and aspect ratios might be off between mocha and AE, have you checked AE settings against mocha’s clip settings?

Mocha clip settings match AE comp settings. Both are set to 30 fps and the resolution/PAR are both 1280 x 720 / 1.0.

I sure hope you have another suggestion.

100% scale is based on the last place you adjusted the surface, so if you have adjusted the surface at a point where the tracked area is small in the scene and scales up elsewhere, your scale is going to increase dramatically.

Try adjusting the surface on the approximate point in time your tracked area scales to the largest, and see if that makes a difference.

Part of why I want to apply the tracking data to a null layer is so that I then have the flexibility to independently adjust the scale of my child text layer. I think I understand what you’re saying, martinb, but this doesn’t appear to have any effect on the problem I’m having.

I’m also seeking an answer to this over on the Creative Cow’s AE forum. I’ll ask here the same thing I asked over there… should I upload my footage and my project files for someone to take a look at what’s going on? I feel like this has to be some sort of simple thing that I’m just missing because I’m not familiar with working with Mocha (I have plenty of experience with AE). I’m wondering if this is the kind of thing that an experienced user could look at and solve in mere moments.