Exporting Rendered Clip from Insert Module?

Hi,
I’ve set up a number of composite shots this weekend using the Insert module in Mocha.
What I need to do is export just the rendered insert, not the background video. And I’ll need to do this as Quicktime and as a DPX sequence.
But when I go to Export Rendered Clip, I’m not seeing any options that seem right. The only options it’s giving me for clips are Mattes. Is that not the right way to export an insert?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Lev

Hi Martin,

Yes I’m going to Export Rendered Clip not Shape. However for part two of your question:

"Have you rendered the insert with the render buttons yet? When you render an insert you will get a “Composite_” and “Layer_” clip in the clip dropdown. "

I don’t think I have tried that! Where are those render buttons?

Thanks,
Lev

Hi Martin,
Yes I’m going to Export Rendered Clip not Shape. However for part two of your question:
"Have you rendered the insert with the render buttons yet? When you render an insert you will get a “Composite_” and “Layer_” clip in the clip dropdown. "
I don’t think I have tried that! Where are those render buttons?
Thanks,
Lev

Hi,

I’ve set up a number of composite shots this weekend using the Insert module in Mocha.
What I need to do is export just the rendered insert, not the background video. And I’ll need to do this as Quicktime and as a DPX sequence.

But when I go to Export Rendered Clip, I’m not seeing any options that seem right. The only options it’s giving me for clips are Mattes. Is that not the right way to export an insert?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Lev

That was it! Thank you!
Lev

That was it! Thank you!
Lev

Hi Lev,

Are you going specifically to “Export Rendered Clip” rather than “Export Rendered Shape”?

Have you rendered the insert with the render buttons yet? When you render an insert you will get a “Composite_” and “Layer_” clip in the clip dropdown.

Hi Lev,
Are you going specifically to “Export Rendered Clip” rather than “Export Rendered Shape”?
Have you rendered the insert with the render buttons yet? When you render an insert you will get a “Composite_” and “Layer_” clip in the clip dropdown.

When you move from the Track Module to Remove, Stabilise or Insert, the Tracking buttons become render buttons. You will see the word “Render” on the timeline controls whereas in the Track tab it says “Track”.
You need to first render your insert before you export the rendered clip.
Rendering is required as you can apply motion blur, adjustments and matting to the inserts before export.

When you move from the Track Module to Remove, Stabilise or Insert, the Tracking buttons become render buttons. You will see the word “Render” on the timeline controls whereas in the Track tab it says “Track”.

You need to first render your insert before you export the rendered clip.

Rendering is required as you can apply motion blur, adjustments and matting to the inserts before export.

What exactly are the settings? I’ve rendered under the “Insert” tab, and have the “composite” and “layer” files in a bunch of dropdown menus but Mocha won’t “Export Rendered Clip”. (Using Mocha Pro 4.1.2, Windows 8, and Adobe CC 2015.) Thanks