Exporting shape issues

hello I’m having a problem with exportig shapes from mocha to ae. Everytime i export the shape to after effects, the shape and motion comes out perfectly fine,but all i get is blank white mask. Can someone give me some insight into the situation? thanks.

You need to apply the shape data either to your footage layer or as a separate matte.
The data you paste only contains the shape information, not the footage information, so when you paste it, it will mask whatever you are pasting it to.

You need to apply the shape data either to your footage layer or as a separate matte.

The data you paste only contains the shape information, not the footage information, so when you paste it, it will mask whatever you are pasting it to.

Hi there,
Can you send a screenshot? I don’t quite understand the issue. Please make sure you include a shot of your layer settings in AE.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Can you send a screenshot? I don’t quite understand the issue. Please make sure you include a shot of your layer settings in AE.

Cheers,
Mary

There is no image here.

There is no image here.

Hi There,

I see Martin got back to you before I did, sorry. Glad y’all got it figured out.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,
I see Martin got back to you before I did, sorry. Glad y’all got it figured out.
Cheers,
Mary

hello I’m having a problem with exportig shapes from mocha to ae. Everytime i export the shape to after effects, the shape and motion comes out perfectly fine,but all i get is blank white mask. Can someone give me some insight into the situation? thanks.

/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.16.00 PM.png/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.15.53 PM.png/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.15.40 PM.png/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 5.52.55 PM.png

here are the settings. and this is what comes out on ae after i export the shape data

/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.16.00 PM.png/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.15.53 PM.png/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.15.40 PM.png/Users/jonathanwright/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 5.52.55 PM.png
here are the settings. and this is what comes out on ae after i export the shape data

here we go! these are the screenshots

here we go! these are the screenshots

thanks a lot I had a brain fart.

thanks a lot I had a brain fart.