Extend Shot

So of course I’ve done a conform and a shot has changed. I need to extend a shot by 20 frames. How can I reload a clip into Mocha with the same start time but with 20 frames extra on the end?

So of course I’ve done a conform and a shot has changed. I need to extend a shot by 20 frames. How can I reload a clip into Mocha with the same start time but with 20 frames extra on the end?

Funny I was just watching a demo of yours at at IBC '11. I’m using the current 3.0 something.
—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Which version are you using?
—End Quote—

What if I needed more head pad also? Can I do the same thing but then just slip the time line?
Since you are only loading to the end you can just open the existing project and relink the footage. Make sure the extra frames are listed.
You will then need to check the in and out points of both the timeline and the layers. When layers are created, their in and out points match the original timeline in/out points. You can check these in the layer properties.
—End Quote—

Funny I was just watching a demo of yours at at IBC '11. I’m using the current 3.0 something.

—End Quote—

What if I needed more head pad also? Can I do the same thing but then just slip the time line?

Since you are only loading to the end you can just open the existing project and relink the footage. Make sure the extra frames are listed.

You will then need to check the in and out points of both the timeline and the layers. When layers are created, their in and out points match the original timeline in/out points. You can check these in the layer properties.
—End Quote—

Hi there,
You should just be able to reload the clip and adjust the timeline, then continue your tracks. Are you having problems reloading and adjusting the clip in the clip tab?
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

You should just be able to reload the clip and adjust the timeline, then continue your tracks. Are you having problems reloading and adjusting the clip in the clip tab?

Cheers,
Mary