Extend timeline in existing project

Hi, apologies if this is a stupid question.
I’ve got a (slightly tricky) Mocha CS5.5 project which I’ve already successfully tracked for stabilisation. I use the MochaImport+ script to streamline things, and this automatically imports only the specified range into Mocha. Now I want to extend this shot in the edit.
Am I able to modify the existing project to include more of the video clip to then “extend” the tracking I’ve already done, rather than having to make an entirely new project?

When you relink you may need to click the “Zoom Timeline to Full Range” button on the timeline controls to see the full clip.

When you relink you may need to click the “Zoom Timeline to Full Range” button on the timeline controls to see the full clip.

Hi There,

We do not make that script, but I am sure Matthias over at mamoworld.com would be happy to help you, he’s a total genius and it’s his creation.

http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72
(http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72)
Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,
We do not make that script, but I am sure Matthias over at mamoworld.com would be happy to help you, he’s a total genius and it’s his creation.
http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72
(http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72)
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
mocha Pro V3 is out only software right now that will merge projects together.
mocha Pro V3 and mocha AE V3 both have dope sheets, but that is a new feature in V3 as well, so the version of mocha that ships with CS5.5 does not have it, you are correct.
If you have any questions about upgrades or would like to upgrade, please see our FAQ here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/purchase/pre-sales-faq

Hi there,

mocha Pro V3 is out only software right now that will merge projects together.

mocha Pro V3 and mocha AE V3 both have dope sheets, but that is a new feature in V3 as well, so the version of mocha that ships with CS5.5 does not have it, you are correct.

If you have any questions about upgrades or would like to upgrade, please see our FAQ here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/purchase/pre-sales-faq

I think what you are asking is if you can extend a project in mocha. If this is the question, you will find that mocha AE v3 and mocha Pro v3 have been improved to help allow users extend shots and keyframes with the new dopesheet.
If the media is already in your project and you have in/out points, you can remove those to see the whole clip. If the mocha project does not have the media and you want to add new footage at the head of the project, it is much easier to do this in version 3.
—Quote (Originally by Six Ways)—
I’ve got a (slightly tricky) Mocha CS5.5 project which I’ve already successfully tracked for stabilisation. I use the MochaImport+ script to streamline things, and this automatically imports only the specified range into Mocha. Now I want to extend this shot in the edit.
Am I able to modify the existing project to include more of the video clip to then “extend” the tracking I’ve already done, rather than having to make an entirely new project?
—End Quote—

I think what you are asking is if you can extend a project in mocha. If this is the question, you will find that mocha AE v3 and mocha Pro v3 have been improved to help allow users extend shots and keyframes with the new dopesheet.

If the media is already in your project and you have in/out points, you can remove those to see the whole clip. If the mocha project does not have the media and you want to add new footage at the head of the project, it is much easier to do this in version 3.

—Quote (Originally by Six Ways)—

—End Quote—

Thanks for the replies. Ross, your interpretation of my request is the correct one! Am I to understand then that there’s essentially no way to do this with Mocha AE for CS5.5, short of upgrading? Are there no workarounds, ways to somehow “paste” the tracking data from one Mocha project to another or anything like that?

Thanks for the replies. Ross, your interpretation of my request is the correct one! Am I to understand then that there’s essentially no way to do this with Mocha AE for CS5.5, short of upgrading? Are there no workarounds, ways to somehow “paste” the tracking data from one Mocha project to another or anything like that?

Thanks guys. Is there any way to use the “relink” button in the “clip” tab to do something like this? I’ve tried to relink using a larger frame range but it doesn’t seem to resize the project timeline. The project timeline also doesn’t seem to change if I import an entirely new clip which is longer.

Thanks guys. Is there any way to use the “relink” button in the “clip” tab to do something like this? I’ve tried to relink using a larger frame range but it doesn’t seem to resize the project timeline. The project timeline also doesn’t seem to change if I import an entirely new clip which is longer.

Hi Martin, I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. I’ll have another play with it soon.

Hi Martin, I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. I’ll have another play with it soon.