Extending additional contours to keyframes

—Quote (Originally by Callum)—
yes auto-save is also corrupted, it auto saved just after the bug caused the “cannot complete command” error.
—End Quote—

…and the Auto-save bakup file?

Got it working but found the app went buggy afterwards and has now corrupted the project.

The contour range I found was already set to the duration that I needed yet the contour was only appearing on the keyframe I had drawn it on. So I selected all the points of the contour bt right-clicking, switched on modify range and then typed in the in & out ranges on layer properties. I subtracted one frame from the in and one frame from the out. This then made the contour appear over the entire range apart from the first & last frame (the ones I had just subtracted from the in and out layer properties range).

I then re-set the range to include the first & last frames again. This then caused an error to appear when I clicked on any part of the GUI which said “Unable to complete command” or something like that.

I closed the app & re-started. However, now when I select and open the project the application crashes back to the desktop whilst loading the project.

cal.

We just tried opening the project on another machine and that instance of Motor also then crashed back to the desktop so I’m guessing the project must now be corrupted.

Just re-created the problem on another system.

Looks like the issue is the in/out range in the layer proerties not updating. If I copy and paste the in / out number fields over the top of themselves then the contour range refreshes/updates and the subtract contour is then visible over the set range.

The autosave file is also corrupted as it auto saved 3 minutes before I quit motor to re-start the app. The actual action that casued the bug in the first place probably happend 4-5 minutes or so before I re-started Motor. Hence both the project & autosave are corrupted.

Will do, sorry didn’t check that article.

yes auto-save is also corrupted, it auto saved just after the bug caused the “cannot complete command” error.

Is there a work around for this rather than having to re-draw the subtract contour in each subsequent exisiting keyframe?
—End Quote—

• Set In/Out on timeline to the durations you want to extend the contours
  • Set Keyframe controls to Modify Range
  • Select all the points on the curve (right click any point)
  • Layer Properties / Extend the curve to the desired range
    If you battle with the range, extend the curve to the complete timeline and then keyframe / delete or switch it off when not required.

*NOTE: *Monet has would use the olfder / Extend Range - Layer Feature.

…now when I select and open the project the application crashes back to the desktop whilst loading the project.

cal.
—End Quote—

Do you not have autosave files?

The autosave file is also corrupted as it auto saved 3 minutes before I quit motor to re-start the app. The actual action that casued the bug in the first place probably happend 4-5 minutes or so before I re-started Motor. Hence both the project & autosave are corrupted.
—End Quote—

In future immediate get the Error log and corrupt file to us as per the Bug Reporting announcement.
(http://forum.imagineersystems.com/announcement.php?f=32&a=10)
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/announcement.php?f=32&a=10

Callum,

sorry you got caught by this nasty bug, and thanks for helping to isolate the problem. If the project would take you a long time to recreate I can try to repair it. If so, could you email the file to pm@imagineersystems.com and I’ll see what I can do.

Phil

Callum did you also check the autosave backup file? When motor autosaves it makes a copy of the last autosave file in …autosave-backup.motor.

Phil