"Failed to open the movie file: check that the file is readable."

—Quote (Originally by tryptych)—
My Quicktime works perfectly, my filename’s are all acceptable, MochaAE for CS4 and Mocha 2.0 both work with no problem, but the newer MochaAE refuses to open ANY video files, (MOV or AVI) - As a workround, I have exported out as a TIFF sequence which it will see. I am running W7 x64
—End Quote—
What happens when you run the program in administrator mode (ie. right-click exe and Run as admin)?

—Quote (Originally by tryptych)—
My Quicktime works perfectly, my filename’s are all acceptable, MochaAE for CS4 and Mocha 2.0 both work with no problem, but the newer MochaAE refuses to open ANY video files, (MOV or AVI) - As a workround, I have exported out as a TIFF sequence which it will see. I am running W7 x64
—End Quote—
What happens when you run the program in administrator mode (ie. right-click exe and Run as admin)?

For those of you who are still looking for a solution:

Install Quicktime Player!

I tried everything (removing spaces from path, renaming the file, putting it into another directory ) but it didnt work. Once i installed the quicktime player i could import my videos…

I know Im great :wink:

For those of you who are still looking for a solution:
Install Quicktime Player!
I tried everything (removing spaces from path, renaming the file, putting it into another directory ) but it didnt work. Once i installed the quicktime player i could import my videos…
I know Im great :wink:

J-P, I hope I was able to point you into the right direction. I have worked as a beta tester in QA for several years so I know a lot of the pitfalls…
I guess that bug will not be only in Mocha but in all other Imagineer products as they probably share the same code base and modules?

I found the solution to the problem:
If the directory path to the file consits of “illegal” characters like SPACE or German Umlauts (or other special characters) Mocha fails to open the file.
So you just have to make sure to use no SPACES and no special characters for your folder and file names.

Also a problem might be too many total characters in the full path (255 characters is the limit for some apps). So when you have burried your project very deep into several folders it might help to move them up in the hierarchy.

I have had this problem with several other software packages, and it might well be that nobody at Imagineer faced that problem anytime - just because programmers often avoid SPACES in folder and file names naturally.

Anyway it shouldn’t be much of a problem to remove this bug.

Hope that saved someones time.

—Quote (Originally by mad)—
Hi

I have same problem. I use vista 64bit 8core i7.
How can I resolve it?

Thank you
—End Quote—
Just make sure there are no special characters and spaces inside directory and file names. If nothing helps, then create a new directory directly below the root and move the files there.

Like: e:\clips\image0001.png

You are welcome :slight_smile:

You are welcome :slight_smile:

I tried to open the file (AVCHD M2TS from a Sony HDR-SR10) in Quicktime Player and this did not work: error -2048 this is a file that Quicktime does not understand.

What formats are supported by mocha v2?

same problem here. Vista x64 SP1 - not able to open any (!) video files in Mocha for AE.

So I did everything that was said to do, copied the files to the C:\ drive in a folder called mocha…so the file is in the directory structure C:\mocha even went so far as to name the file DOG.mpg it JUST wont open the file says the same thing… I can however open QT files problem is just that not all the footage im editing is in QT format and the quality is already lacking so i’d like to avoid converting to QT format just so i can track the footage anyone have a suggestion…I think it has to do with this being a 64bit version of windows 7

So I did everything that was said to do, copied the files to the C:\ drive in a folder called mocha…so the file is in the directory structure C:\mocha even went so far as to name the file DOG.mpg it JUST wont open the file says the same thing… I can however open QT files problem is just that not all the footage im editing is in QT format and the quality is already lacking so i’d like to avoid converting to QT format just so i can track the footage anyone have a suggestion…I think it has to do with this being a 64bit version of windows 7

Hi everyone
I think I have the solution and I hope it will work for you as it worked for me.
Don’t save any videos in C: or in desktop wich belongs to C:, save the videos that you gonna later open in mocha in D: or E: etc etc