Failed to read from file

Hello,

I’m working on a shot on Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.3 with monet V2.1.3.
The shot is 4300 frames in HD at 29.97. I spent forever doing the track yesterday, now I tried to reopen the file and monet gives me an error: Failed to read from the file.

Please advise…

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for sending the files. One of our developers spent most of the day going backwards through them looking for the error and still hasn’t found it. However, it does look like most of the data is there so we should be able to recover it and find out what went wrong.

It would help to know what you are planning to do with the data - export tracking to another app, render mattes/export shapes, or do a comp inside Monet?

I’ll post another update as soon as we have a definitive answer.

Best regards,

J-P

Hi Sharon,

I’m really sorry this has happened to you. Can you please zip your project file, autosave file and autosave.backup file and e-mail them to support AT imagineersystems.com. We will try to recover the data.

Best regards,

J-P

Hi Sharon,

We’ve recovered the file. I’m going to post it on our FTP site and e-mail you a link.

J-P

I’m planning to stabilize the shot, replace an item on the product then export the file into shake using mofex. I will be finishing off the composite in shake. This needs to be done on multiple passes, so I can complete this shot. It is a beauty shot of product for a commercial.