"Failed to Transform Image" error when working with Cleanplates

For the life of me, I cant get the Remove module i Mocha Pro to work with cleanplates at all. I use the “Create Cleanplate Clip” button in the Remove tab to write the cleanplate file, then cleanup the plate in Photoshop (resaving over itself when Im done).
When I try to do the remove, Mocha spits back a “Failed to Transform Image” error. I’ve tried saving the cleanplate in multiple formats (JPEG, PNG, in addition to the default TIFF), and i always get the same error. It’s very frustrating.
I’m running Mocha Pro 2.6.2 build 4468 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 with 24 GB system RAM and NVIDIA Quadro4000 & GTX285 GPUs.

Has this been resolved. I have used the remove module with Cleanplates in the past but recently I get the error message above?

Solved it. I was “trimming” the clip, but not adjusting the last frame value in the Remove module.

Solved it. I was “trimming” the clip, but not adjusting the last frame value in the Remove module.

Just curious if there was a conclusion for this thread? I’m having the same issue. I am not an advanced user at all, so I’m guessing it’s something simple I’m doing incorrectly. I ran across this thread looking for a solution, so wanted to see if this was ever resolved.

Just curious if there was a conclusion for this thread? I’m having the same issue. I am not an advanced user at all, so I’m guessing it’s something simple I’m doing incorrectly. I ran across this thread looking for a solution, so wanted to see if this was ever resolved.

You were correct – bad track. I simplified the project to just one mask and one background track and the clean plate worked like a charm. My original project had six different background tracks… but knowing that it was a problem track causing the problem allowed me to focus on that – and I found the problem areas quickly. Thanks for the quick tip. Very helpful!!

You were correct – bad track. I simplified the project to just one mask and one background track and the clean plate worked like a charm. My original project had six different background tracks… but knowing that it was a problem track causing the problem allowed me to focus on that – and I found the problem areas quickly. Thanks for the quick tip. Very helpful!!

But you can get it to work without cleanplates without an error? What is your workflow?
Cheers,
Mary

I was trying to figure out if mocha is calculating correctly without the cleanplate, is why I asked, obviously it wouldn’t give you a very helpful remove.
Have you checked “use cleanplates exclusively” and have you checked to make sure your track is rock solid? Can you send a screenshot of the entire interface when this error happens?
Cheers,
Mary

This is likely due to an incorrect track. Can you turn the surface and grid tool on and see what they are doing?

This is likely due to an incorrect track. Can you turn the surface and grid tool on and see what they are doing?

I need to remove tracking markers from an iPhone screen, and I’m pretty much following the same workflow you use in your “How to remove objects you cant see behind” video tutorial.
Click the Remove button works fine (with inaccurate results, obviously), but when i tell it to use a Cleanplate, it goes through the motions of calculating the remove, but at the end of the process, it bombs out with the “Failed to Transform” message.