FAQ: Please Check Before Posting

Now, lets take a look at the material of these cheap coach purses (http://www.cheapcoachhandbagspursesoutlet.net/). Coach only uses the best leather on the market. coach purses (http://www.est1941coach.com/) knows that when you use a cheap material you get a cheap coach outlet store (http://www.coach-outlet-store-online.org/) that will not last. Take a look and fill the leather of these coach factory outlet (http://www.coachfactory-outlet.org/) and feel a cheaper bag.

Listed below are some of the more commonly asked questions to support or via the forums. Please check to see if your situation fits any of the questions below before asking.
If you think another common question should be added or spot any errors, please post to this thread for review. All other questions should be posted to the forum as normal.

Licensing*
Common licensing issues are listed on our website:

Q: I have a node-locked licence and need to change my computer. How do I move my licence?*

1. Install the software on the new computer
  2. Copy the Host ID in the licence dialog from the help menu in your Imagineer product.
  3. Send us the new Host ID via the support page (http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/contact/)
  4. Uninstall the software on the old machine
    *Q: My **node-locked **licence has stopped working on my computer even though I have not changed computers. *
  • If you have switched your network card or moved to a different network interface in your system, the Host ID may have changed. You will need to revert back to the old network device or send us the new Host ID from the software licence window.
  • If you have changed your motherboard it is more than likely the Host ID will have been altered. Send us the new Host ID from the software licence window.
    Q: I’ve received my mocha Shape licence and copied the license.lic file into the right directory, but mocha Shape is still not licenced.
    This can occur when the ‘license.lic’ file has been accidentally renamed ‘license.lic.txt’ in the license directory. For the file to work properly, remove the ‘.txt’ extension.
    If you cannot see the extension:
    For OSX:
  1. Select the file “/Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses/license.lic”
  2. Click the 'More Info…" button in the preview pane, or right click and select ‘Get Info’.
  3. Under ‘Name & Extension:’, check the file does not have a ‘.txt’ extension at the end. If it does, remove it.
    For Windows:
  4. In the C: drive, select the file “\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing\license.lic”
  5. In Explorer, select menu option ‘Tools > Folder Options…’
  6. Select the View tab and make sure ‘Hide File Extensions for known file types’ is unchecked.
  7. Click OK
  8. If the ‘.txt’ extension exists, right click the file and select ‘Rename’, then delete ‘.txt’ from the end.
    The file should end up being named ‘license.lic’ in either operating system.

Q: I have only one node-locked licence but want to use it on two or more computers. How can I do this?*
As your license is node-locked you are literally “locked” to the one machine. If you need to use the software on more than one machine you can:

• Buy a floating licence. This will work across a network and allow you to use your licence on any connected machine. All the machines have to be on the same network to do this.
  • Buy a USB software dongle (http://www.imagineersystems.com/store/index.php?target=categories&category_id=207). This allows you to take your licence with you to any computer registered with the dongle id. If you need to transfer between two different operating systems you will need to contact us to set you up with a different licence scheme.
  • Buy a second licence.

Common Problems*
Q: My footage tracks fine in mocha but when I bring it into After Effects the track or corner pin is off.
This is the most common problem for mocha and mocha for After Effects users. There are a number of things you can try:

• Check to see if the aspect ratio of your After Effects composition and the mocha project are the same
  • Check to see if the frame rate of your After Effects composition and the mocha project are the same
  • Make sure you are exporting and pasting your data to the right frame in After Effects
  • If you are using interlaced footage make sure your fields and pulldown are matched in both applications
  • When you are corner pinning, the footage/image you are pinning must either be the same dimensions as the composition or precomped so it matches.
    Q: When I export I only get 10 frames of track information.
    This can occur when:
  • Your frame offset is set to an odd number. Try resetting it to 0 or 1.
  • There is a problem with your licence and the software has reverted to Learning Edition
    Q: I am tracking something with a large amount of rotation (eg. A car tyre) and the track keeps on slipping. How do I lock down the track?
    Try increasing the Angle value in the search parameters. This tells the tracker how many degrees per frame the object is moving to help find the next point of reference. For example, footage shot at 30 fps for a 33-rpm surface is around 6.6 degrees per frame. If you are not sure of the exact rotation try a value of 10 to start.
    Q: When I import my footage it comes in as black/white/blank frames or tells me the format is unreadable.
  • This is usually because the format is not supported by your version of Quicktime. This includes formats such as WMV, DivX and XVid. The windows version of Quicktime does not support all Quicktime codecs, such as Apple Intermediate Codec and ProRes. When in doubt, try converting your footage to another basic format (such as Animation) or use image sequences.
  • Also, check to see you are on the latest point release of your product, as sometimes system upgrades (such as Snow Leopard) can cause issues with older versions of the software.
    Mocha Shape for After Effects Problems
    Q: When using interlaced footage I paste my shape data and the shape is out of sync, even though I have checked all of the Common Problems
    This is due to After Effects interpreting interlaced footage on the timeline as full-field, and mocha interpreting in separate fields. Therefore when the shape data is pasted from mocha to After Effects, mocha has twice as much information to put into the timeline.
    The recommended work flow for rotoscoping interlaced video footage (without pulldown) in mocha and sending to mocha shape is as follows:
    Using 29.97 source footage*
    In mocha:
  1. Import footage. Set the frame rate to 59.94 and the project setting to Separate Fields (NTSC*).
  2. Do your track/roto work
  3. Export your shape data

In After Effects:

1. Interpret AE footage as interlaced, lower field first*
  2. Set up AE comp NTSC, 59.94 fps and drag the clip to comp > this emulates the double length comp we like we do in mocha: every field is now on a progressive frame
  3. Select desired layer and paste mocha shape data
  4. Finish your composite, then drag that comp to a NTSC 29.97 comp to render
  • For PAL use 25i, 50p, and upper field first
    – END FAQ –

Listed below are some of the more commonly asked questions to support or via the forums. Please check to see if your situation fits any of the questions below before asking.
If you think another common question should be added or spot any errors, please post to this thread for review. All other questions should be posted to the forum as normal.

Licensing*
Common licensing issues are listed on our website:

Q: I have a node-locked licence and need to change my computer. How do I move my licence?*

1. Install the software on the new computer
  2. Copy the Host ID in the licence dialog from the help menu in your Imagineer product.
  3. Send us the new Host ID via the support page (http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/contact/)
  4. Uninstall the software on the old machine

*Q: My **node-locked **licence has stopped working on my computer even though I have not changed computers. *

• If you have switched your network card or moved to a different network interface in your system, the Host ID may have changed. You will need to revert back to the old network device or send us the new Host ID from the software licence window.
  • If you have changed your motherboard it is more than likely the Host ID will have been altered. Send us the new Host ID from the software licence window.

Q: I’ve received my mocha Shape licence and copied the license.lic file into the right directory, but mocha Shape is still not licenced.

This can occur when the ‘license.lic’ file has been accidentally renamed ‘license.lic.txt’ in the license directory. For the file to work properly, remove the ‘.txt’ extension.

If you cannot see the extension:

For OSX:

1. Select the file “/Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses/license.lic”
  2. Click the 'More Info…" button in the preview pane, or right click and select ‘Get Info’.
  3. Under ‘Name & Extension:’, check the file does not have a ‘.txt’ extension at the end. If it does, remove it.

For Windows:

1. In the C: drive, select the file “\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing\license.lic”
  2. In Explorer, select menu option ‘Tools > Folder Options…’
  3. Select the View tab and make sure ‘Hide File Extensions for known file types’ is unchecked.
  4. Click OK
  5. If the ‘.txt’ extension exists, right click the file and select ‘Rename’, then delete ‘.txt’ from the end.

The file should end up being named ‘license.lic’ in either operating system.
Q: I have only one node-locked licence but want to use it on two or more computers. How can I do this?*

As your license is node-locked you are literally “locked” to the one machine. If you need to use the software on more than one machine you can:

• Buy a floating licence. This will work across a network and allow you to use your licence on any connected machine. All the machines have to be on the same network to do this.

• Buy a USB software dongle (http://www.imagineersystems.com/store/index.php?target=categories&category_id=207). This allows you to take your licence with you to any computer registered with the dongle id. If you need to transfer between two different operating systems you will need to contact us to set you up with a different licence scheme.

• Buy a second licence.

Common Problems*

Q: My footage tracks fine in mocha but when I bring it into After Effects the track or corner pin is off.

This is the most common problem for mocha and mocha for After Effects users. There are a number of things you can try:

• Check to see if the aspect ratio of your After Effects composition and the mocha project are the same
  • Check to see if the frame rate of your After Effects composition and the mocha project are the same
  • Make sure you are exporting and pasting your data to the right frame in After Effects
  • If you are using interlaced footage make sure your fields and pulldown are matched in both applications
  • When you are corner pinning, the footage/image you are pinning must either be the same dimensions as the composition or precomped so it matches.

Q: When I export I only get 10 frames of track information.

This can occur when:

• Your frame offset is set to an odd number. Try resetting it to 0 or 1.
  • There is a problem with your licence and the software has reverted to Learning Edition

Q: I am tracking something with a large amount of rotation (eg. A car tyre) and the track keeps on slipping. How do I lock down the track?

Try increasing the Angle value in the search parameters. This tells the tracker how many degrees per frame the object is moving to help find the next point of reference. For example, footage shot at 30 fps for a 33-rpm surface is around 6.6 degrees per frame. If you are not sure of the exact rotation try a value of 10 to start.

Q: When I import my footage it comes in as black/white/blank frames or tells me the format is unreadable.

• This is usually because the format is not supported by your version of Quicktime. This includes formats such as WMV, DivX and XVid. The windows version of Quicktime does not support all Quicktime codecs, such as Apple Intermediate Codec and ProRes. When in doubt, try converting your footage to another basic format (such as Animation) or use image sequences.
  • Also, check to see you are on the latest point release of your product, as sometimes system upgrades (such as Snow Leopard) can cause issues with older versions of the software.

Mocha Shape for After Effects Problems

Q: When using interlaced footage I paste my shape data and the shape is out of sync, even though I have checked all of the Common Problems

This is due to After Effects interpreting interlaced footage on the timeline as full-field, and mocha interpreting in separate fields. Therefore when the shape data is pasted from mocha to After Effects, mocha has twice as much information to put into the timeline.

The recommended work flow for rotoscoping interlaced video footage (without pulldown) in mocha and sending to mocha shape is as follows:

Using 29.97 source footage*

In mocha:

1. Import footage. Set the frame rate to 59.94 and the project setting to Separate Fields (NTSC*).
  2. Do your track/roto work
  3. Export your shape data

In After Effects:

1. Interpret AE footage as interlaced, lower field first*
  2. Set up AE comp NTSC, 59.94 fps and drag the clip to comp > this emulates the double length comp we like we do in mocha: every field is now on a progressive frame
  3. Select desired layer and paste mocha shape data
  4. Finish your composite, then drag that comp to a NTSC 29.97 comp to render
  • For PAL use 25i, 50p, and upper field first

– END FAQ –