Feather , key all frames?

Is there a way to set all of the points to one edge width, and then later in time set them all to another, to do a simply 2 keyframe animation? Basically, is there a way to untie the animation channel of the edge width from the keyframe of position, etc… or is there an easy way to edit all the animation channels for edge width of all points in a spline?

Is there a way to set all of the points to one edge width, and then later in time set them all to another, to do a simply 2 keyframe animation? Basically, is there a way to untie the animation channel of the edge width from the keyframe of position, etc… or is there an easy way to edit all the animation channels for edge width of all points in a spline?

thanks,
I’ll try it now.

LOU

Hi,
I noticed that when I select a node to feather, it creates a key and then returns to the original state. Is there a way to make the selected nodes “feather” for ALL frames of the film. For example, I want to Create 4 points (or nodes) around a window, which the film is 150 frames. I want to select the 4 nodes, press Feather and make the 4 nodes feather out for ALL 150 frames.

Thanks,
Lou

Yes. Here’s the workflow for that:
Track your plane, attach your finer roto shape to the track.
Add your edge width to the first keyframe of the refined roto shape, and then before you add ANY new keyframes, go to the end of the track and add a new keyframe of the new edge width you want. mocha will animate between the two.
You must animate edge widths first if you want them to animate between keyframes. You can then perfect the shapes throughout the shot and the edge widths will animate too.
Think of the edge width as an outer and inner spline.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Cheers,
Mary

Yes. Here’s the workflow for that:

Track your plane, attach your finer roto shape to the track.

Add your edge width to the first keyframe of the refined roto shape, and then before you add ANY new keyframes, go to the end of the track and add a new keyframe of the new edge width you want. mocha will animate between the two.

You must animate edge widths first if you want them to animate between keyframes. You can then perfect the shapes throughout the shot and the edge widths will animate too.

Think of the edge width as an outer and inner spline.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Mary

You could select all points, turn on “uberkey” which modifies all keyframes.
Add your feather parameter. Just remember to turn off “uberkey” back to autokey or you’ll hose yourself!

Best of luck

—Quote (Originally by lou4mocha)—
Hi,
I noticed that when I select a node to feather, it creates a key and then returns to the original state. Is there a way to make the selected nodes “feather” for ALL frames of the film. For example, I want to Create 4 points (or nodes) around a window, which the film is 150 frames. I want to select the 4 nodes, press Feather and make the 4 nodes feather out for ALL 150 frames.

Thanks,
Lou
—End Quote—