Feature Request: Additional Hotkeys

• I’d love to have hotkeys to toggle between different blend modes. I wish I didn’t have to mouse over to Add/Subtract.
  • Hotkey for Renaming a layer. Double-clicking in that area is finicky.
  • Bulk change Blend Mode, same behavior as being able to link multiple layers to a track at once.

Thanks!

For the AutoHotKey users out there, I made a couple scripts for the top two requests.
F6 for set to Subtract and Ctrl+R for rename a new layer.
Mocha has to be in Classic Mode. You might have to change the mouse positions on your monitor.

;; Mocha: Set Layer to Subtract

#IfWinActive ahk_exe mochaui.exe

F6::

DllCall(“SetCursorPos”, “int”, 233, “int”, 1021)
MouseClick, left
sendinput {Down}
sendinput {Enter}

return

#IfWinActive ;; end of condition IfWinActive

;; Mocha: Rename New Layer

#IfWinActive ahk_exe mochaui.exe

^r::

DllCall(“SetCursorPos”, “int”, 361, “int”, 269)
MouseClick, left
MouseClick, left
Sleep 100
send, ^a

return

#IfWinActive ;; end of condition IfWinActive

1 Like

Thanks for asking!

As there are currently 3 modes for layer blends we’d need to have a cycling toggle. I’ll see if this is possible. It might be better for us to have general cycling available for all dropdowns (or at least the relevant ones) so you can assign key shortcuts to them as needed. I’ll write a feature request.

You can select the layer and just press Return/Enter. This will change into an edit state.
If you mean just focus on the layer name and change it regardless of where you are in the interface, then yes, that would be a new feature!

We have a lot of stories written up for multi-selection changes, but some just haven’t happened yet. :sob: Eventually we’d like to have all selected layers be changed for any property, but there are a lot of areas where it’s hard for this to happen without some underlying architecture being rewritten.

1 Like

You can select the layer and just press Return/Enter. This will change into an edit state.
If you mean just focus on the layer name and change it regardless of where you are in the interface, then yes, that would be a new feature!

• That’s what I mean. I’m doing beauty work, so it’s highly repetitive, and all about minimizing the number of clicks and mouse movements per shot. My AHK script gets me close, but it’s not perfect.

The more of this work I do, I’m just looking to shave time off of each individual action. If you multiply any amount of time by 200 shots, you can really come up with some savings. SPEED RUN!

If you’re looking to streamline the tools, I’d highly recommend looking into the Python API as you can set up a whole bunch of very project-specific tools for the work you’re doing.

Sadly we don’t have a Python API for the keyboard shortcuts yet. :brain:
But you COULD set up a toggle button for the layer state or mass renaming and have them in the tool bar.

If you give me a specific of your day-to-day Mocha workflow I can try setting up a simple example script to show you how it can be done.