Feature request - busy indicator

When trying out the different fx, there are some that take a lot more processing than others. While this is happening, the user can’t really tell that Optics is “thinking”.

For example, it takes a full 5 seconds for the screen to change when I select s_lightleak, among others.

At the least, the system wait cursor should be used to indicate that Optics is doing something in response to a user click on an effect

Lenovo Yoga 720
Core i7-7700 2.8Ghz quad core, 8 logical
16G ram

@michaelh I will defer whether or not adding a wait cursor can be displayed for some of the filters that are slower on your machine.

Some notes on speed:

• The Sapphire filters included in Optics are GPU accelerated using CUDA which require an Nvidia graphics card. Note: MacOS 10.14 and above don’t support CUDA.
  • If you don’t have an Nvidia card or are using MacOS 10.14 or later, the Sapphire filters will process on the CPU. Some Sapphire filters are more processing intensive than others. The faster the CPU, the faster the processing.
  • The non-Sapphire filters are GPU accelerated with OpenCL which works on both Mac and Windows.
  • Future versions of Optics will move toward GPU acceleration for all filters on both Mac and Windows.

You can speed up processing by reducing the Preview Resolution pop-up menu above the Viewer from 2K to 1K.

@marco

Grrr, I was headed out the door and didn’t notice that half my system info was missing

Intel HD 630 gpu
Nvidia GTX 1050 gpu - Studio driver
both latest versions as of today.

fwiw, most of the time seem to be spent populating the preset view though I don’t know if it applies the default to the image and then populates the presets or the other way round.

I’ll reduce the resolution and report back.